2 nights available but only 1 showing up as available

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

2 nights available but only 1 showing up as available

I have x2 nights available next week, lets say a Tuesday and a Wednesday. There is someone checking out on the morning on the Tuesday and someone checking in on the evening of the Thursday. So the Tuesday and Wednesday nights are available to rent. As I want to rent both nights to the same person and not seperately I have set min night stay to 2, and max night stay to 2. Airbnb let both nights be displayed as available for a few days, but now seems to have changed it and only the 1st night tuesday is available...I thought it might be bacause its closer to the time i.e. next week, but it seems to do it next month also, so why is it now hiding the 2nd night as available? is it airbnb trying to force me to have 1 night min stay set? so now only 1 night displayed to book, but you can't as 2 night min is in place, odd. I thought it might be something to do with smart pricing being on, but this shpuldnt effect it? thanks.

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Patrick802  It's the stupid way AirBnB shows dates available. You have a 2 night minimum. So only the days they can rent for two nights are shown. Like your Wednesday in August. It shows 1 day available on the calendar, but you can book for the two days actually available. the second day does not show for booking because it can not be booked for the two days. It's a ridiculous way to show your calendar it confuses people constantly.  

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

@Letti0 yes thats a real error/ bug in their calendar system, how would anyone then know if the wed night was available also? only way around it is to cnange to 1 night minimum stay...and then you might get two seperate bookings for 1 night each with all work that entails.

@Patrick802  I do 1 night stays constantly, so this bug/glitch does not effect me personally. I usually book through VRBO, but my daughter does AirBnB constantly and didn't realize how the calendar worked for the longest time and pasted up many places she liked because of it. I explained it her and she still didn't get it at first. Now she's an old pro lol...

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

@Letti0 funny they don't find a work around for this though, as they are probably losing the final day on many bookings.

@Patrick802  Hosts have been complaining for ages about this and it does nothing.