20% discount for first three guests

20% discount for first three guests

Hi there, new to this of course. Does the ‘first three 20% off’ have a date range, or is it simply the first three regardless of how far ahead they book? Thanks in advance- Jon

10 Replies 10
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jon264  Simply the first 3 to book with you. Be very careful if you offer weekly and/or monthly discounts as they will be both be applied for the first 3 bookings ie. 10% weekly, plus 20% off or 35% monthly then 20% off. 

Loring1
Level 6
Somers, MT

When I first started up, mine had a cutoff. I think it was 45 days. But if you look at your calendar it will show you the period of when the offer is applicable.

Thanks Loring, I did notice this,  ( screenshot ) but appears that ABnB have applied the 20% to a booking for Jan 2019 and are not being helpful... 76F19CB2-B757-4113-B698-8EEEFB1BFC55.png

Are you sure it's maybe not a discount for length of stay?

I'd look at your calendar and it should show a bar showing the dates of the discount. You should also be able to see the details fo the booking and see what the breakdown is.

Hope that helps.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jon264   It does not state that the reservation stay has to be between now and October 6th, it just needs to be booked between now and October 6th. So the January 2019 booking is eligible for the discount. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Considering it is a new listing, I wonder if it is best to simply offer the place at an exceptionally atractive price at the moment, and accomplish the same (get bookings started) and still give you control when to stop the 'discount' period, by then just raising the price? Just a thought.

Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

I would agree with @Fred13  so you have control of the date range for price reduction.  Then once you have your first few completed stays and five star reviews, you will be off to a great start and hopefully filling up with bookings at full price 🙂

Adam

I am new and just listed my place. I already have 4 bookings.  The last booking inquired early on but didn't book until later. She is now #4 and is wondering if she can get the discount since she tried to book earlier.  What to do? Thank you!

@Claudia-and-David1 You can just send her a special offer with the discounted price if you're happy.

Actually you only receive 80% of the first 3 bookings' income. It's yourself paying for the discount. ABB only gives you the chance to let guests see this 20% discount and a checkbox at filter options which may help your startup.

BTW you can also jack up the rate first then apply the discount, actually guests won't be able to see other guests' rate so it's just the trick.

Deana-And-Mark0
Level 1
Nanaimo, Canada

Hello, I just set up a new listing and opted to put in the 20% for the first 3 guests, but I have since changed my mind and decided to just lower my base price, so how do I remove that 20% discount?