2018: Month of Celebration

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2018: Month of Celebration

Together.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to share that our Community Month of Celebration is now on its way and we have already had some great topics. 

To recap, to those of you who are just hearing about this event here in the Community Center. Each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. It will be on a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related. We might hear stories, experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts, all kinds of things. 🙂 

Day 1: Flexibility...How to get the most from Airbnb by @Colleen47

Day 2: My favourite guest of 2018 by @Paul1255

Day 3: Was it worth it! by @Robin4

Day 4: Go the extra mile...it's never crowded. What are the words we live by? by @Clara116

Day 5: The Freedom to Belong Anywhere by @Jeet0

Day 6: Meeting The Mob by @Βασίλης-and-Ann0

Day 7: Tracking income and expenses by @Christine1426

Day 8: How to Stay a Happy and Motivated Host by @Aesha0

Day 9: A celebration of our host community by Lizzie (me)

Day 10: Christmas - Reflections, Reminiscing, Rememberance by @Helen427

Day 11: Lost a Repeat Guest But for a Good Reason by @Joanne-Flynn0

Day 12: "Privy Counsel" by @Lawrene

Day 13: Opening my home by Quincy 

Day 14: A host who enriches passion by hosting an Experience by @Nutth0

Day 15: Advice & Tips for Achieving (and Keeping!) Superhost Status by @Rachael26

Day 16: My experience with becoming and staying a superhost by @Dieneke0

Day 17: [Pending]

Day 18: My Story with Airbnb I Empathy is the word! Earning some money is consequence! by @J-Renato0

Day 19:  Hello Goodbye by @Alexandra316

Day 20: Yes, please, further questions after the Experience by @Jose309

Day 21: Filled with Joy - The Guest Book by @Christine615

Day 22: Finding My Light by @Rebecca160

Day 23: The evening before the evening by @Mariann4

Day 24: A Booking from an Angel by @Marie405

Day 25: The "Bad" Host; or What your Guests can Teach You by @Susan151

Day 26: The Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race 2018 by @Christine1

Day 27: Enforcing smoke free Airbnb room in the wake of marijuana legislation  by @Thomas1188

Day 28: Hosting Practice by @Miloud0

Day 29: Christmas is time to get creative by @Huma0

Day 30: The New Year Resolution by @Cathie19

Day 31: My co-hosting story and welcoming 2019 in by @Paul1255

Day 31 (Bonus): Writing words, hosting people by @Emily352

To take a look at the full calendar, please take a look here.

We hope you enjoy taking part and if you aren't creating your own topic, you can always get involved in replying to the topics created – I'm sure we all would love to hear from you.

Enjoy! 🙂

Lizzie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

29 Replies 29

Thank you @Lizzie for organizing this event. it was very interesting to read 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw great to hear you liked this @Наруллах0. Maybe you might like to take part next time? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

this is so great! thanks for sharing!

Laura2751
Level 2
Florence, Italy

So happy my work has been appreciated! ❤️

Monique335
Level 3
Châtellerault, France

Merci Airbnb pour m'avoir accordé le titre de Superhot. Je vais tout faire pour le garder ....

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Lizzie Are we having a Month of Celebration again this December for Christmas Countdown?
It would be great to do if that's possible.

Thanks in advance

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427,

Aww it's so lovely to hear you would like to do the Month of Celebration again. We actually had plans to do this again this year, and had actually planned to start putting together the calendar for December, last week. It's become one of my favourite times of the CC year, and last year's MoC had all the emotions–it was really wonderful.

Based on recent events we wanted to be respectful of the many feelings within the CC and so we weren't sure if anyone would like to do it this year.

As you know, it is a real community effort, so we are very much guided by you and other community members on this, so if you and others would like to do it in December this year, we will do everything to support this–as you know we like to get involved too! 🙂 

What do you think? 

--------------------

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Lizzie 

"Based on recent events we wanted to be respectful of the many feelings within the CC and so we weren't sure if anyone would like to do it this year"

For sure, there are a lot of strong feelings and high emotions swirling round the CC at the moment, @Lizzie - and understandably so! - but I genuinely don't think that any of us would want that to interfere with the Month of Celebration plans, in any way. 

We all know and respect how much work you, Steph and Quincy put into making these events happen, and how much fun and enjoyment the hosts who do contribute, get out of participating. And regardless of what's going on or what's not going on, I'm pretty sure there's not a single host amongst us who would ever want you, or the hosts who do take part, to feel that your efforts aren't very much appreciated, and enjoyed, even by the most cynical old boots in the group! (And yes, I'm looking at me!)

I've explained to you before my reasons for not contributing, and I can't speak for others, but I'd imagine their reasoning may be similar to mine, but that doesn't mean that we don't still derive great pleasure and enjoyment from reading the wonderfully festive posts from hosts such as @Helen427 and others. 

We're all grown adults here @Lizzie (well, most of the time, anyway! 😉), and I doubt there are too many of us who don't love a good Christmas story or two, so it would be a real shame if you were considering shelving the Month of Celebration this year, for any reason! 

Looking forward to seeing what a fabulous event you guys put together this year! 🎄🎁🍾

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for your message here @Susan17. It's really reassuring to hear this and so I think we are going to go forth and get a move on with it! hehe 

It will add a little sparkle to the end of the year. 🙂 

Thanks again for kind words. I hope your Thursday is treating you well. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Lizzie @Susan17 @Monique335 @Laura2751 @Stok0 @Stephanie 

@Hapynnax0

Too right we should go ahead and have our annual Month of Celebration, as per reasons in my other post.

Looking forward to hearing from others and if they would like to partake again

@Colleen47@Paul1255@Robin4@Clara116@Jeet0@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Christine1426@Aesha0@Helen427@Joanne-Flynn0@LawreneQuincy @Nutth0@Rachael26@Dieneke0@J-Renato0@Alexandra316@Jose309@Christine615@Rebecca160@Mariann4@Marie405@Susan151@Christine1@Thomas1188@Miloud0@Huma0@Cathie19@Emily352

and others ??

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Helen427 and @Susan17,

Good news! The calendar is up for 2019. 🙂 Take a look here

Thanks again for all your help with this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie @Stephanie @Susan17 @Monique335 @Laura2751 @Stok0  and everyone-else, looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions, including thoughts from those who may not have a Date to share their stories, as their stories and thoughts are equally as important including at this time of year.

All the best

Central to All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

To those who have yet to contribute to 2020 : Month of Celebration, here's a refreshment of our contributions from 2017 and 2018.

It's observed @Katie  still has some dates free to fill up.

I hope these past years contributions give some of you other CC members some inspiration to  take up the dates including December 6 -DAY 6 (That's today in New Zealand and other places tomorrow so you have some time up your sleeve to get that thinking cap on) , December 9 - DAY 9, DAY 22, 26 (Boxing Day), DAYS 28, 30 and 31.

@Lizzie @Nick @Liv maybe you could msg a few newer members and lurkers..to join the fold?

2017 Month of Celebration

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/2017-Month-of-Celebration/m-p/560988#M128767

2018 Month of Celebration

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Month-of-Celebration-2020/m-p/1373224/highlight/true#M32...

Hi @Helen427 and @Katie , I am a new 1.5 year host who might be known as a "lurker," according to my daughter :). I have benefitted greatly from the community hosting forums and all the amazing people who post there! Thank you all for that!! Your stories and advice have been invaluable. I would be happy to contribute a sweet story about our family and local short term rental shutdowns last spring as part of the Month of Celebration. I am a teacher and finishing the last bit of my semester on December 22, so the end of the month would be best for me! How about December 30 if it is available? Thanks! Jennifer

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jennifer1773 thanks for volunteering - it's great to hear from you (welcome!) and we'd love to have you do a post 😊 

The 30th is still free, so I will book you in for that date 🗓  I'll send you a direct message closer to the time with a little reminder, and I can't wait to hear your story!