2020: Month of Celebration Lineup

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2020: Month of Celebration Lineup

441778_GettyImages-723514903_ForYou smaller.jpg

Hey everyone! 

It's been a fantastic start to the Month of Celebration, and just to keep things handy we're going to be gathering all of the posts here, in case you miss any. 

For anyone who is new to the Month of Celebration, it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

Day 1:  2020: A year to remember or one to forget?! by Paul1255

Day 2:  Things which brought us joy by Deborah82

Day 3: Much to celebrate, if you look closely by Suzanne302

Day 4: It’s Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas! by Cathie19

Day 5: A year with more time - for family and guests! by Solveig0

Day 6: Welcome to my listing by Katie

Day 7: It's all about the little things! by Jen-Marie0

Day 8: Liv's Quarantine Cookbook by Liv

Day 9: First White Christmas by Yuan100

Day 10: From Coy Bride to Uber Guest by Jason1470

Day 11There is light at the end of this pandemic! by Debi1

Day 12: 12 Things I love About Our Airbnb by Laura2592

Day 13: Treehouse Linens: A confession by Lawrene0

Day 14: Silver linings by Bronwyn38

Day 15: Welcoming Sudden Residents to the Brave Little State by Heather133

Day 16: We have been walking along some beautiful beaches by J-Renato0

Day 17: Lessons from 2020 Shaping New Business Initiatives for 2021 and Beyond by Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0

Day 18: Live and Learn by Nutth0

Day 19: 20/20 in 2020 by Debra300

Day 20: What are your holiday movie traditions? by Nick (shared with Happy Holidays.!! Belated.....Day 20 by Wende2)

Day 21: 2020 This Old House by Linda-And-Richard0

Day 22: A Message from Catherine Powell by Catherine-Powell

Day 23: 2020 IS BOO SHEET by Dale711

Day 24: A New Day to Discover by Laura2484

Day 25: Christmas light displays from your area by Nick

Day 26: When Opportunity Knocks, Answer the Door by Misty66

Day 27: A Slightly Different Christmas by Jennifer1897

Day 28: What surprised you or what was a gift to you during this pandemic? by Elinor0

Day 29: What have I / You discovered, learned or uncovered in 2020? by Clara116 

Day 30: Family Memories, Letters, Yearbooks and Googly-eyes by Jennifer1773

Day 31: My Hope for 2021 by Jennifer1673

**UPDATE** We've been lucky enough to have so many people keen to take part this year that we have extended the Month of Celebration a little way into January! It's really lovely to see some new faces getting involved and sharing their experiences 😊

BONUS: 

Day 32: A New Year and a New Start! by Kristan13

Belated Day 33: Sometimes guests amaze me by Ethan32

Day 34: 2020, a year for adjusting and re adjusting to a new normal by Yvonne41

Day 37: Farewell to 2020 and also to my first ABB space! by Karen2391

Day 38: Home Away From Home by Trudie7

Day 40: When strangers touch your life by Shaun124

If you would like to see who is coming up then please check the calendar here.  😁

We hope you all have fun getting involved, and if you aren't posting then please do have a read and share your thoughts on others' posts. It's such a fab tradition to end the year on a high with a daily dose of positivity 🌟

Katie, Lizzie, Quincy, Liv & Nick

11 Replies 11
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

For those who have yet to partake in a Month of Celebration, leap to it and do one of the days that have yet to be filled.

Have a browse through previous years contributions for ideas.

It's fun and a nice way to end the year and look fwd to a new one.

Looking fwd to seeing your contributions

Central To All Home and Location, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand where you are all in our thoughts for a peaceful Christmas filled with joy

Bronwyn38
Level 10
Wandandian, Australia

Day 14 redirected, apologies!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Katie  Thanks for doing this! Since I don't visit the CC every day, I've missed some of the posts as they get lost down the pages!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Not a problem at all @Suzanne302 - it's really nice to have them all gathered together in one place so that we can go back to them if we didn't catch them the first time 😊

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone, 

So we've come to the end of the (extended!) Month of Celebration for 2020, and boy was it a good'un! It was great to see some wonderful uplifting stories at a time when we really needed them, and it was also lovely to see some new faces getting involved. I learned a few things, and I was alternately moved, entertained and inspired!

It really made my month, so thank you so much for taking part, and a big shout out to those who read and replied to the posts too - we couldn't have done it without you all 🙏

@Paul1255 @Deborah82 @Suzanne302 @Cathie19 @Solveig0 @Jen-Marie0 @Liv @Yuan100 @Jason1470 @Debi1 @Laura2592 @Lawrene0 @Bronwyn38 @Heather133 @J-Renato0 @Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0 @Nutth0 @Debra300 @Wende2 @Linda-And-Richard0 @Catherine-Powell @Dale711 @Laura2484 @Nick @Misty66 @Jennifer1897 @Elinor0 @Clara116 @Jennifer1773 @Jennifer1673 @Kristan13 @Ethan52 @Yvonne41 @Karen2391 @Trudie7 @Shaun124 

I'm already excited for the next one 😃

Jason1470
Level 10
Port Hedland, Australia

Hi @Katie ,

A big shoutout to you too who did such a stellar job in organising the entire event. It’s no small feat to have chalked out a month long programme, contact each contributor personally, send timely reminders, follow up with a note of appreciation, and yet make it look so so easy...

There were 38 tellers of tales but just one amazing administrator to guide them all, and in the brightness bind them!😁

Thank you on behalf of all the amazing content creators throughout December!! A big round of applause from us all 👏👏👏👏👏👏

@Paul1255 @Deborah82 @Suzanne302 @Cathie19 @Solveig0 @Jen-Marie0 @Liv @Yuan100 @Jason1470 @Debi1 @Laura2592 @Lawrene0 @Bronwyn38 @Heather133 @J-Renato0 @Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0 @Nutth0 @Debra300 @Wende2 @Linda-And-Richard0 @Catherine-Powell @Dale711 @Laura2484 @Nick @Misty66 @Jennifer1897 @Elinor0 @Clara116 @Jennifer1773 @Jennifer1673 @Kristan13 @Ethan52 @Yvonne41 @Karen2391 @Trudie7 @Shaun124

14DB621F-36EF-4F0C-85C2-8A7E7B2A640A.jpeg

Maria2527
Level 4
Athens, Greece

Katie ,

Thanks for update...

Wish you all the best🌺

Gladys5
Level 2
Kailua-Kona, HI

How do I sign up for a date?  Is there a specific topic, or is it about our choosing for the Christmas /holiday season?  Thank you!

I tried too.  I think you have to reply to the posting person and they will put you on the calendar.  I missed out too because I didn't understand either 😞  I guess I have a story for next year, huh lol

Nanette & Co.
Nanette42
Level 3
Hedgesville, WV

Wow, I think I finally understand how to do this.  I tried.  But had no idea how to ask to join in and share a story.  I will watch.  For future reference, if one wants to join in how does one 'get a day'?  I replied, but did not understand I had to pick a day instead of being assigned one.  Oh well!  Here's to being new and dumb to all this.

Nanette & Co.
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Nanette42 @Gladys5 this topic is for last years month of celebration 🙂 

Please have a look on this years by clicking the link below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/5th-Anniversary-Month-of-Celebration-2021/td-p/1530857

On there there is  a December's calendar photo. The days without names are the available ones.

Please comment on that post with the days you'd like and I will book them for you.

Thank you 🙂