25% refund

Emil2407
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

25% refund

I'm Emil, I have a bed and breakfast in Barcelona, since the beginning of my business I have registered my b&b with Airb&b. Now I have had, like all hosts, cancellations due to Covid. I have applied for a refund of 25% of the amount, as you kindly granted to us host. The request was rejected on the grounds that the cancellation terms are not strict. There is evidence from customer conversations that customers canceled because of Covid. I think it is shameful that Airb & b has this behavior. I have always worked well, bringing benefits to you too, to become superhost. On the site you are advised to use flexible cancellation and then do not reimburse your hosts because they do not have rigid cancellation. I hope you can solve the problem, otherwise I will have to make a complaint

Best regards,

Emil

2 Replies 2
Patty168
Level 4
New York, NY

I’m having the same problem as you. Zero refunds! Zero income ! :((

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

If you search the Covid-19 forum here you might find evidence of hosts receiving their pseudo 25% =12.5% payouts who do not have a strict policy. If not on here, search the various Facebook groups. Hosts there in your same situation are getting payouts. It may not be right that they're being paid out, but its not a difficult procedure on behalf of Airbnb to identify the eligible hosts with the eligible cancellation policies, so it must be legitimate, and by precedent, you should be due.