3 ways to increase occupancy during your 'off' season!

Cody44
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

3 ways to increase occupancy during your 'off' season!

Many Airbnb host throughout the world experience times of the year where their travelers visit less frequently. In the United States, you can find fewer travelers traveling places like Arizona & parts of California because of the extreme heat. 

The main question is, How do Airbnb host increase occupancy/bookings during those time periods?

Below are a few tactics:

1. Micro-influencing - Locate and collaborate with local social media influencers in your city that have an engaging following base and exchange a complimentary stay for x amount of postings/advertising on their social media channels. This is a great way to get locals experiencing your properties for a 'staycation'.

2. Offer Unbeatable Specials -  A client of mine offered a free night stay for every two nights stayed. This is a great way to capture guest and make them a repeat guest (we all love repeat guest).

3. Low rates - Although we are all in this for a great ROI it's best to remember that in the summer your prices will drop. Understand and analyze your market to set yourself up to succeed. Low rates + happy guest + increase occupancy levels = happy host. 

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.

I love hearing what your tactics and suggestions are too!

Cody

**[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–to send a direct message, here in the Community Center, hover over the profile photo and click 'Send Message']

2 Replies 2
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Cody44: We have found that our off-season is getting smaller and smaller which is great. In the couple months where there "may" be a drop off we use strategic marketing practices based on events in the area. If there is a motorcycle show or circus coming to town we will use those names/events as hashtags or even go direct to their facebook/instagram profile or event page to drum up interest and views. We honestly haven't had to do that in about 18 months with how quickly the "off-season" is disappearing around here.   

That's awesome! I love how you took it one step further by going to their Facebook/Instagram to bring attention to your property - that's great!