360 degree smoked dome camera?

Gavin172
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

360 degree smoked dome camera?

Hi, 

We have a 360 degree smoked dome type camera on a porch, where it can record and save the front yard, the porch and also areas within the house. (kitchen, hallway, living room, potentially a bedroom). Do I need to disclose the type of camera or is it ok to simply state "Cameras on premises" and that is enough. 

Also in regard to data retention and recording, how necessary is it to always inform guests that the camera is recording and these records are stored on a server in case we need to view them in the future? Is not informing guest upfront grounds for possible cancelation or de-platforming?

Thanks,

Gavin.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gavin172 Any internal cameras are not allowed for living rooms/bedrooms (may not be allowed at all). An external camera looking internally would probably fall foul of this rule as well.

Gavin172
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 that is also what I was thinking. 

On the recording, do you really have to inform guests if you are making recordings also?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gavin172  Personally, I would never book a place with indoor cameras, and I don't think the majority of guests would either. It's incredibly intrusive- guests are entitled to privacy within the space they have rented.

If I were you I'd replace it with a camera that only monitored the front porch and front of house.

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

@Gavin eu não alugaria um lugar onde não tenho privacidade

Isso é anti ético 

Quando o convidado reserva um espaço tem que. se sentir  como se estivesse em sua casa!!

Att Loni