404 Error when trying to leave a review

404 Error when trying to leave a review

I have tried 20 times to leave a review for my guest.  Every time I receive a 404 error.  I have cleared my cache and tried using another browser and another computer, so I think it is on Airbnb's end.  I have wasted hours trying to contact Airbnb and apparently there is no help to be found.  I've left feedback twice, hoping to be contacted, and no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

14 Replies 14
Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

web to app

app to web

clear cookies

cold boot

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it

@Sammy35  I think she covered all those bases.  I'm having the same issue. By the way, it's Nike, not nikey.

Lisa5645
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I tried going through the phone app and when I try to add a review, I recieve a "you do not have permission to access this resource" message.  Retrying is not successful.  Super frustrating.  Going to try messaging them on twitter.

@Heather1098 @Lisa5645 

Have you solve the problem in the end? I am having the same problem now. I am trying to write a review for a guest, but every time I click ‘write a review’ button, it goes to’

Oops! We can't seem to find the page you're looking for. Error code: 404

I tried many times, still not working. Thanks for any reply!

Yes, I was able to resolve the issue, but not without reaching out to Airbnb via Twitter; they had to research it on their end.

@Lisa5645  Thank you! I don’t have a Twitter account, I might send a message to Airbnb support to see if they can fix it.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Z-2 

Are you still within the 14 days review time period ?

Does the guest still have an active profile ?

Maybe try it starting from this page:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Yes. Guests just checked 2 days. He still has active profile. Strangely is his message (with my message to him) are not showing in my inbox now. But I can still message him though ‘reservation’ then message him from there. I tried your link, it still show the same error page.

@Emiel1 Thanks a lot for reply!

Paul119
Level 3
Kent, WA

I had this problem with a bad guest and found that the errors were because the guest had been banned and removed

having the same issue right now. left a review for the guest after she left us one. i can go to her profile and see the review, however, when i look at our dashboard, it says "leave a review", and then i get a 404 when clicking on that link. this really is ridiculous.

Jackie720
Level 1
Elliston, MT

We are having the same problem on a Bozeman property.  Have hosts figured out a way to prevent guests from posting neutral/bad reviews?  Although the host is the same person, the listed property owner changed from our original reservation to our actual check out date.  I left a lengthy email for the host, but I'm not going to spend anymore time contacting ABNB on this 404 error code. 

I would like to leave reviews for my host but I'm facing same issue. It is very annoying.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Azadeh8 

It might start working again in a day or two.

Trying to get CS to do anything is just a waste of time. They can’t fix it.

Someone in the IT department might be working on it. Or not. 

Apparently there was an unannounced update that is causing various problems.