5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick_1-1637149914824.png

Hiya everyone!

Since December 2017, we have held the annual Month of Celebrations here in the Community Center throughout December, which means that this time around is our fifth anniversary! Wow, time does fly when you are among great company 😃

For those of you who haven't heard of this before, the "rules" couldn't be simpler:

Each December day, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive! This can be a nice story, personal experience, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts... whatever gives you a smile! Each time, we have shared some great conversations and laughs.

Last year we had some great topics, including @Deborah82 with Things which brought us joy and festive carols from @Cathie19 with It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas

I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity whether you get involved or just fancy reading and sharing your thoughts on others' posts 😄

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 12.23.29.png

A huge thank you to every member of this CC - we couldn't do it without you!

If you want to get involved, please reply to this thread, letting us know which day(s) you would like to post your topic. 

Enjoy! ❤️ 

Nick, @Liv, @Quincy & @Stephanie

157 Replies 157
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Monday 13th it is then! Thank you @J-Renato0 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@J-Renato0 

José, you heard about the Spanish guy who had twin sons!

He was puzzled for a fair while what to name them.

In the end he settled on José  and hose B

Have a great Christmas mate and all the best to Ana.

Cheers......Rob

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi mate from overseas @Robin4 

Have  great Christmas you and Ade!

Cheers

José Renato! 

@Nick I didn't get notification and so I missed it.....Bummed....I see my tagged, but it didn't come to me. But I will enjoy all the excellent post of my buddies and others.

Merry Christmas,

Blessings, Clara

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Not to worry @Clara116 if you want to write at any point and the days we have free work for you, please do let me know 🙂 

Camilla231
Level 2
Rapidan, VA

Love to participate on Dec. 23rd if that day is available. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It sure is @Camilla231 I will make a note for the 23rd. Thank you 😃

Tiffany578
Level 3
Tobyhanna, PA

I love Christmas.  Are you guys decorating your units for the holidays? It's seems like so much upkeep.  What are your thoughts.  

@Tiffany578 ,

I was debating about decorating as well.  I have two units.  One, Safe Haven, within my home and Sweet Dreams, the one with a private entrance that has a long-term renter in one room.  I think I will decorate my home and the Common Area of the Sweet Dreams.  Not the actual Units themselves.  This will make it easier to keep a watchful eye on things, be festive, yet not invasive in their actual sleeping area.

Priscilla150

I'm definitely doing outside of the home after next week.  I think to maintain inside would be too much cleaning to do. 

Not at the moment.  Thought about it though and depends on whether the guests would appreciate it so better to ask not saying it can't be a pleasant surprise.  So maybe try an indirect way to ask what they think.

I wonder how you would do that

Very difficult.  Probably if you have guests already booked. What 

do there think about festive themed accommodation and to what extent? A few decoration here and there? Or to the extent of cushions, bedding and curtains.

I decorate my property for the Christmas & New Year holiday period.

I have trees, lights and garlands in the living & dining room areas 🙂

Guests love it and have definitely seen an increase in bookings since I started decorating the property.

Hmmm... maybe I'll add a touch here and there.