911 Must Read Beware Hosts!!!

Adriano101
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

911 Must Read Beware Hosts!!!

***911 to all hosts

Must read!!!

I had a $42,000 claim due to damages to my newly renovated $400,000 home. These guests where the first people in the home since it's purchase. They carved into furniture, 2 large dogs where brought into the home deatroying furniture, carpets doors, paint, and more. 

Upon discovery, I did have the guests removed. I immediately filed a claim with airbnb and thier $1,000,000 guaruntee. I was told that the insurance team would be in contact within 3 days. After 5 days with no answer, I began calling and emailing, again with no response. When I call they told me that they have everything they need and they dont know why there is a delay. Still, there is no substance to thier promises or guaruntees!.  

This went on for 3 months. I had to come out of pocket to repair and replace everything in the entire house that I had only finished remodeling and furnishing the home 1 month before.

After 3 months I received and email stating I have 72 hours to respond or the offer will be withdrawn. I couldnt believe what I was reading!

I was forced to accept this direapectful amount to cover at least some of my losses.

I have since watched Airbnb Nightmares on Netflix and have learned Airbnb has a history of not paying its hosts for damages by the guests. We air business partners and I have been a superhost for over 2 1/2 years! Why would you not compensate me for these damages?!

Hosts beware!

- Adriano Swift

Superhost

Post all negative reviews on:

1. Airbnb Hell

2. Trust PilotScreenshot_2018-09-26-16-05-23.png

25 Replies 25

Actually, only 48* hours to respond. What was the offer that they gave you?

Yes, that's correct. Excuse the typo.

The offered me $2400. After countless hours of emails, photos, and estimates from contractors.

They are killing my account. This is the ladt message. **bleep** Airbnb!

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Adriano101 , can You sue the guests, do You have their adress?

I can find it. It was actually a third party. However, since the 2nd party violated the airbnb terms, I suppose he is liable.

Thank you.

I found his business address. 

Hi @Adriano101 ,

take a look at the airbnb TOS:

11. Damage to Accommodations, Disputes between Members

11.1 As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the Accommodation (including any personal or other property located at the Accommodation) in the condition it was in when you arrived. You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and

are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to,

or otherwise provide access to, the Accommodation, excluding the Host (and the individuals the Host invites to the Accommodation, if applicable).

I will call my attorney tomorrow.

Many Thanks!

@Adriano101Exactely, sue the hell out of them.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Adriano101  I am surprised they offered you anything on a third party booking, the host guarantee excludes any damage from them. Also if they were drunk or alcohol was involved that is excluded also. I agree with @Ute42  sue them this is not small claims. I would actually see if you can get an arrest warrent that is felony damage. 

I was unaware of this until recently.

Ill look into that as well! Thank you.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Adriano101  I just texted my brother he's a Broward County Sheriff in Florida and he said destruction of property is  considered criminal behavior and may lead to incarceration if it can be proved. 

Great news!

I live in broward. Just on the north side of FLL. To bad the house isnt in Lauderdale. I could give him a call.