A Guest wants to make a payment early

Debs5
Level 2
Bakewell, United Kingdom

A Guest wants to make a payment early

Hello

My guest, who is due 23rd April has got in touch to say she is due to make the rest of the payment 5 April, however, she would prefer to pay this now, ie 31 March. Does anyone know how she can do this?

Many thanks, for your help. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Debs

23 Replies 23
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Debs5,

If she chose the pay less up front option then Airbnb controls the payment schedule. Guests don't have any say in it.

As guests pay Airbnb all payment issues are a matter to be sorted out by the guest with Airbnb. There's nothing that hosts can do. Many guests are under the mistaken impression that they're paying the host directly. You can suggest that she contact Airbnb support. There will be a contact link in the confirmation email that she received.

Steve.

Jennifer913
Level 1
Columbia, MD

Airbnb policy states that final payment is automatically charged within 24 hours of guest check-in. If my guest chooses to pay all or part of the balance early, will this be reflected in that automatic Airbnb final collection? I just don't wat my guest to be charged twice.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jennifer913  To pay the final balance early, the guest will have to ring the number on their booking confirmation and airbnb will sort it out.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

One of the benefits of going through Airbnb is that THEY handle all money issues, and best to direct all money questions from the guest about charges automatically to >> Airbnb. Oftentimes guests ask the Host to advocate for them with Airbnb, this is one area where perhaps 'distance is the best policy'.

Jennifer913
Level 1
Columbia, MD

Thank you!

Samson10
Level 5
Victoria, Australia

To pay in advance, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Trip overview
2. Click on the penthouse picture, which should take you to the itinerary page/home reservation.
3. Scroll down and click the "Get receipts and manage payments"

4. Then click "Update payment details"
5. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"

In took me 1 hour to figure this out, hope that it will save you some time

Is this from the app or website?

Website!

@Samson10 

To pay in advance, please follow the steps below. 
2. Click on the penthouse picture, which should take you to the itinerary page/home reservation. 
3. Scroll down and click the "Get receipts and manage payments"

4. Then click "Update payment details" 
5. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"

Great find. I'm guessing that maybe you found this as a guest?

As a host, two weeks ago I contacted Airbnb CS via Help on a Guest booking on behalf of a guest to enable them to make an early payment. CS said "Because of the highly automated Airbnb system it is not possible to make an early payment."

Thanks for your 'help'  Airbnb CS.

this does not work im not seeing that option, is there anything else that I can do?

The steps were a little different for me. 

3. Scroll down and click the "Visit Help Center"

4. Then click "Show Receipt" 

5. There was another link to click here, I think, but I forgot was it was.
6. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"

Thanks, this helped me a lot :))

Worked!! Thank you for saving me time and brain power!

I found everything you spoke of, up through step 4.  There was no "Pay ahead of schedule : Now" choice offered.