A PROBLEM: 2 months ahead are seen in my Calendar as blocked, althought they are open, screens added

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

A PROBLEM: 2 months ahead are seen in my Calendar as blocked, althought they are open, screens added

I see the dates from my inside menu as open, but the client sees all months till september 2019 as closed and not available for booking.

www.airbnb.ru/rooms/26808906

I am adding the screenshots.

Why is it so?

Why available dates are not seen online as available?

Does it mean that because of the system mistakes I am loosing money on potential bookings as a host?gluk 3.jpggluk 5.jpg

34 Replies 34
Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

But inside the system I see the dates as available ( screenshots also attached)inside 2.jpginside 3.jpginside.jpg

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Guys, if you are reading this topic, let me know, please, how the dates for July-August 2019 in my Calendar are seen from your end? As available for booking or not?

Here is the link to my ad: www.airbnb.ru/rooms/26808906

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Olga464 only September and 1 and 2 October are available for bookings, not a day before or after, I don't know what might be the reason. 

@Ana1136  Well, the technical support is trying to find out the reason. We are having one of the top seasons here. Would not like to loose money because of the technical problems.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Olga464 I hope they find out soon, let us know. 

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

2 hours passed, the technical support still can not find the reason by the moment of 15:28 kievs time.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

I also can not switch from "Instant Booking" to "Booking by Request". The system simply doesn't wanna save the changes. Dear Airbnb representatives, could you tell me, what is going on and why there is such a dramatic distabilization of the system going on for a moment?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

This is terrible, @Olga464!  

Have you gone in one day at a time and blocked each one, refreshed, then unblocked and refreshed?

@Ann72  I tried all options. The picture in the menu of what the clients sees doesn't match the picture of what hosts sees. At all. Plus, in my particular account the function of changing certain options is not available for a moment. I am waiting on technical support reply.

@Olga464 I did read that - sorry!  God, that's not only massively annoying, but since I know your bookings are often very close to the date of the visit, it's got to be impacting your business.  I hope you get a reply soon.

In the meantime, can you add something temporary to the title and first line of the description that suggests people who want to book should contact you.  

Obviously the real problem is that the place won't show up on searches for those dates, so that would only work with people who know your place and know they want to book it...

@Ann72  My ad is not appearing in the system. And these are one of the top months of the year for booking. Well, I will open the dates in other services. I like airbnb, but with such massive technical problems got no choice.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

DEAR ENGLISH SUPPORT TEAM!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

RUSSIAN SPEAKING DEPARTMENT service is awful.

The operator says at 17:11 kiev's time, that after I sent the technical problem request to them at 13:16 by kiev's time, she still didn't transfer my request to the technical support. And she sees no problem in service provided. 

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

I addprob prob.jpg the screen shot of the chat. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Olga464 

You asked, "Why there is such a dramatic distabilization of the system going on for a moment?

This is nothing new, or unusual. It happens all the time - and has been for years - particularly in grossly over-saturated cities, that have huge numbers of new host sign-ups (often on foot of a recent recruitment drive), coupled with a proliferation of listings from "professional" and  commercial operators. 

For whatever reasons - although Airbnb will always swear blind  that it's down to "technical issues" or "glitches" - many hosts will find themselves periodically ghosted. The longer they're hosting, the more reviews they have, the more times they achieve superhost status, the more Airbnb over-saturates their towns/cities  - the more frequent (and longer), the "dry spells" become.

Hosts will then tie themselves in knots and drive themselves insane, trying desperately to find reasons for the sudden halt in bookings/inquiries, and very often come to the conclusion that it somehow must be their  fault, or something they're doing wrong, or maybe there just aren't as many visitors to their area etc etc - but in reality, it's very rarely any of those things. 

You'll never, ever find a CX agent - anywhere - who will admit that ghosting happens, of course. You just might come across an occasional one who'll let slip that "rotation" occurs (usually a newbie, who hasn't yet learned the code of silence), but that's as much as they'll ever admit to. I've been studying the Airbnb markets for a long time though, and am in contact with dozens of hosts in many cities worldwide, and the patterns are finally becoming clearer and clearer. 

The only thing you can do, is keep hounding  CX in the hopes of a quick resolution. And set up your adverts on other sites, because once this starts happening on your account, it will happen again and again.