A bit of Love from Airbnb

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A bit of Love from Airbnb

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 15.10.33.png

Hi everyone,

One of the things I love about our Community Center is the mutual respect and collaboration, which is noticeable throughout. Any given member, regardless if they've been on the CC from day one, or they just discovered it, can log in, search what they are looking for, or even start a new thread and pretty soon find all the information they need.

What is even more important is that the information comes from their peers, collectively learned through using the product and gaining valuable experience in the process.

With this in mind, we wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the effort made by all of you. This particular month within the thousands of posts we had in the CC, we wanted to celebrate those who helped others the most while significantly contributing to creating a space of open and constructive dialogue.

Last but certainly not least, we wanted to celebrate and thank the members who took the time to create topics that help us learn more about who they are or the areas they live. It is always lovely to see and explore a new place through the eyes of a local, without even leaving our houses.

For the month of June 2021 we'd like to give big kudos to our:

Most helpful Host: @Emiel1 

Host engaged in most chats: @Helen3 

Most kudos given by: @Sarah977 

Most Active new Host: @Caroline1856 

Host featured in Spotlight: @Yvonne41 

Thank you all for your outstanding contributions!

Nick

18 Replies 18
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

I was a bit surprised to read some of your replies today, and I will try to explain, as I don't want you to be worried or even scared about what could be happening "behind the scenes". 

First and foremost, Airbnb is a business, and as such, we need to be efficient and prove that we are. Of course, the way to do this is to have quantifiable metrics like any other business, online or otherwise.

In short, we need to show that what we are doing has results! 🙂 

The metrics we have at our disposal are called "primary", which means they are collected from the CC by monitoring members' activity while using this service.

An example of this is the "top contributors" box on the right of the CC's homepage. It would be impossible to know who those contributors were if this wasn't quantifiable in the background. 

Nick_0-1625743425597.png

We've mentioned in the past that we read everything on CC which is just part of our role. I don't see how this can be misinterpreted as something sinister, so wanted to share more information on it here. 

I’d also like to share that you can review your Community Center usage and all your lovely posts at any time by going to your profile> settings> personal information> scroll to the bottom and Tada! 

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 12.25.43.png

Presenting these metrics on this thread was a way of thanking you, giving credit and celebrating how fantastic our Community Center is - we would be nothing without our amazing Host members. There is no need to turn this into a negative or a data harvesting conspiracy - whatever that is 🙂 

I hope this puts your mind at ease, but please feel free to contact @Stephanie or myself if you’d like to discuss further. 

I know I don’t need to remind this group of Hosts as you’ve been part of our Community Center for some time, but in case you need a refresher, the CC is beholden to the same Terms of Service as Airbnb overall: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2908/terms-of-service#10

@Nick Good info. I can only speak for myself of course, but I wasn’t worried or suspicious, just curious. It’s also a good reminder that ‘tongue in cheek’ doesn’t always translate well in text. 

@Anonymous 

hi Andrew, I was looking for an answer on the CC and got to this post.

I was curious to see what the English speaking top contributor Ms look like this year compare to one year ago.

Congrats, you are the only one remaining.

and on the same position, thanks for your Constance.

3F23A1DC-D333-4FD8-BFCC-7605E5FBA2F3.jpeg

Furthermore, I mostly wanted to thank you for your many comments and answers that I had the opportunity to read as they are always insightful, with great details and very interesting.

especially for someone that English is not his mother tongue, your messages are also clear and easy to read.

keep doing the good job 👍🏻 

Annie
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Nick thanks for the metrics of who have contributed to the community centre. @Emiel1  answers have helped me as a newbie when I started looking and reading the topics. I enjoy reading the different answers to problems even if they conversation becomes negative. The positive side,  it has provided me with alerts as to what could possibly happen to me and provid me with a choice of decisions to make or take to avoid the possible situation.