A decline in Airbnb support for hosts?

John4746
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

A decline in Airbnb support for hosts?

I had a question about a withholding that I've never had before on a payout recently. Called Airbnb two days ago and was told a case manager would get up with me. The next day I called again after hearing nothing and was told I'd definitely hear back within 24 hours. It's now a day later and nothing. I had an issue back before the IPO that a case manager had to be involved with and received a call back within an hour. Anyone else experiencing a drop off in support from Airbnb for hosts recently?

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1.Yes. Major cut backs in staff. Inadequate training  for their staff.

2. What's a withholding?

@John4746 

@Helen3  interesting I was not aware they had such big cutbacks. 

It says US withholding on my last payout and is approximately 30 percent of the payout. I have never had this before and have been doing airbnb for 3 years. File taxes every year with a CPA and have never been audited. Just want some kind of answer from Airbnb but can't seem to get one

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@John4746 Try messaging via the 'Help' section.

- I've had prompt responses that way, but my enquiries were easy; just cancellations of guests who'd instant booked a holiday, when only stays for work are allowed by UK government.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Helen350  thank you so much for the assistance! Much more than I got from calling airbnb!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @John4746 

I know you're an experienced host but it seems like you're not familiar with Airbnb Help - it's a good go to when you have queries around managing your listing with Airbnb. 

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@John4746   Greetings John.  I think that almost all hosts have experienced this huge decline. Let's hope that things will improve later.