A guest left me a hateful review because we didn't provide daily cleaning

Rita693
Level 2
Rochester, MN

A guest left me a hateful review because we didn't provide daily cleaning

Today I noticed one of my guest left me a 1 star review just because of they are excepting daily cleaning service from us. But do any host here provide daily cleaning? We don't. That's the different between airbnb and hotel right? I am feeling so horrible that it is hard to earn a 5 stars review but someone just throw out the 1 star for you without any reasonable reason. Do anyone know if airbnb could help to delete this kind of review? Thanks

28 Replies 28
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Rita693 

You can always reply to the review.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Yeah I did that.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Rita693  If the guest mentions lack of daily maid service in the review, you can ask to have it removed for irrelevancy, since you don't offer that in your listing. You'll want to have the review policy at hand when you contact Airbnb so you can quote that part.

Thank you so much @Colleen253, it is good to know I could request that.  I will call airbnb today.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rita693 It would be a very rare Airbnb host who offers daily cleaning. Most don't offer any cleaning during a stay at all, unless it's a long term booking, and that is more for the host's benefit than the guest's, so the host can make sure the guest isn't trashing the place and to keep things from getting too dirty.

My max stay is 2 weeks and I do ask guests if they'd like me to do a quick clean after a week, but they have all declined.

Thank you so much @Sarah977 , yes I also ask guest if they need cleaning service when they stay long term as well. but that's not writing in my lists. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Rita693  I would contact Airbnb and tell them the review is 'irrelevant' according to their policy, as @Colleen253  said, you want to  make sure you have it in front of you and can quote it.  Complaining about not having cleaning for 7 days in an Airbnb is indeed totally irrelevant, therefore this review should be removed.  You may have to keep contacting Airbnb until you get a CS rep who can understand their own rules.

Thank you so much @Mark116, it is really good to know I could request that.  I will call airbnb today.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Rita693 you have 36 listings!!! does one odd guest reallly matter? Sure, ask abb to remove the review, think about what you could do differently with the listing, if anything, and then move on down the line. 36 listings, surely you have more pressing problems than this

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Kelly149 of course "one odd guest" matters, they all matter!  @Rita693 is being serious about her business and so she should, no matter how many properties she has. To flip it we could say one of her properties is dirty and not representative of the photos, but it doesn't matter because she has 35 other properties. Its good to know hosts care about their business. 

Yes@Kelly149 , it really matter, me and my cleaners all are  working very hard to earn one single 5 stars review, since I have 36 lists, it became so hard to make all guests happy because facing so many different guests. So each review means a lot to me. 😞 

Thanks @Robbie54 for the understanding. 

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Rita693   I can understand exactly how you feel, Rita, because I've had some obviously revenge reviews, mostly when I've refused to break the AirBNB rules like not accepting cash for extra days etc. Mostly you will get no support at all from AirBNB except to be told that you can reply.  That of course is little consolation at all.  I would let the guest know that AirBNB hosts do not normally offer a daily cleaning service. 

Normally I offer a 5 day maximum stay here and guests do not expect (nor want) their rooms cleaning but sometimes I ask the guest if they would like their beds or towels changing.   They almost always don't want this.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, Rita.

Thank you so much @Anthony223, yes it is really upset if guests leaving such revenge reviews, I lost my super host just because of that. And Airbnb refused to delete the revive because they believe this is what the guest felt no matter how many evidence I showed them. ( All the case are because the guests were angry that we requested the damage payment from them, so they just wrote the revenge reviews right away, now I even feel stressful if I should request any damage payment from the guest anymore even they broke something because the fear of the hateful revenge reviews). 😞

@Rita693    I am really sorry you've had this experience, Rita.  It is so unfair. I believe that the overwhelming majority of hosts do a superb job to look after their guests and their overall review rate would confirm this.  Revenge reviews are usually quite obvious with just a little investigation and should definitely not be tolerated by AirBNB.