A guest wishes to change their date but will Airbnb make my calendar available again?

Fiona5
Level 2
Crieff, United Kingdom

A guest wishes to change their date but will Airbnb make my calendar available again?

A guest booked 4 nights but now realises their flight comes in a day later so asked for a refund and to change the date. I have strict cancellation policy so I changed it to Flexible so I can get the change done. However the Strict cancellation still shows and although Airbnb have sent the request I have to wait until they agree to the refund and date change. If this goes through I am concerned that Airbnb will not make the original date booked available for others to book. It's August, high season and I dont want to lose a possible booking from another guest on the now free date.

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It is not necessary to cancel and book again.  I simple change is the only thing needed and once it is accepted, your calendar will show the with the actual number of days and the overlapping day released.  It has nothing to do with your cancellation policy as such as it is not really a cancellation, just an adjustment of dates.  If it conflicts with your minimum stay, that is the only thing that could cause conflict.