A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

Minshu0
Level 4
Chicago, IL

A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

I didn't know this when I booked this ** for my 2-month vaction and paid one-month deposit of $2970 in full. The house looks beautiful and spacious and I was going to welcome my first baby there.... until I texted a friend of mine in Texas the address so she can come over to visit me. And she told me that house had a murder case couple of years ago where a man killed his ex-girlfriend's two teenage girls in that house and it was all over the local news (https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Police-Man-37-admits-killing-two-teens-in-1718851.p...)......

It freaked me out! I don't want my baby to be born in a house with a murder case! Even without a baby, a normal person wouldn't want to spend their long-expected vacation in a house where two girls were killed, not to mention that both of my parents are buddhism and it just creeps them out....

I contacted the host. They admit that there was a murder case did happend in that house and "people live there happily after that" and told me to cancel "if I wish" but refused to issue any refund! I couldn't believe these words came from so-called Super Hosts **. To me, they're liars with cold and greedy hearts. They got 3k for free with a haunted house. That's easy money.

I wanna tell my story here because I know that nobody looking for a vacation house should experience what I just experienced, and I know it's almost impossible to do your due diligence on a vacation house. So all I can do now is to post my story here and hopefully we can hunt the haunted ones house by house. 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

63 Replies 63
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Minsun0 

That's creepy.  I wouldn't let my husband buy a great 100 acre place because 1 neighbour murdered another over logging rights.  Call Airbnb and ask for help.

@Minshu0  You know April Fools Day has already passed, right?  Thanks for the laugh though, I nearly fell out of my chair - and not because there's a ghost in my house!

I've seen some truly hysterical posts here, but this one takes the cake for every sentence being some kind of trailer-trash masterpiece.**

Comic gold, girl, you could be the next Maria Bamford!

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

There's no reason for me to make up a story like that and post it here. I don't get paid for doing so. If you don't belive, don't. 

This is one of the goals that negative people have. Consciously or unconsciously, they try to recruit others into their club. This is their way of feeling comfortable. They become uneasy seeing someone else doing what they cannot do.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

hmmmm... interesting story... you're from Chicago, have 2 international trips on your profile... wanted to come to Texas to vacation & have a baby, do you have off-site medical care that was prepared to take on a very late stage pregnancy or were you going to be inviting folks over to help deliver the baby at the house as well or was this a "I'll have the baby alone in the woods" kind of births ...

I remember how much gear we had on hand during brand new baby days, were you going to ship all of that to your hosts or cart it down with you in luggage?

Is this house infant friendly, do they provide items for children?

then you figure you'll also invite friends & parents to visit you and baby... did you clear all these extra people with your hosts?? did you include baby in your reservation count?

I think there was a dead raccoon in my barn when I bought it... of course we've cleaned it up since then. If anyone owed the other party a duty of disclosure in this scenario, it sounds to me like it was you, not these hosts. Cold, heartless, liar doesn't apply here IMO.

Houses all have a story... hotels do too... if you want to know where everything has been and with whom, maybe you'd be better off staying home. Good luck with the baby.

Yes I'm from Chicago. And my surrogate is carrying my baby in Baytown TX. Her due date is on early May. I plan to stay in Baytown so the baby can have her immune system developed before taking the flight. 

If you don't believe me, I don't have the time to convince you.

Do all musicians have the same voice? No. Yet they are successful in their own right. Stop using your imagination. 

There are better things to imagine, not the false realities which cause you fear and anxiety. Break free today and become what you’re meant to be.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Minshu0  I guess you'll have to only consider brand new homes where no one has ever stayed before. Where nothing either bad nor good has ever happened. No fights, no murders, no domestic violence, no terminally ill person opting to die at home.

You believing in ghosts and being freaked out does not equate to the hosts being liars or greedy. No one but you is responsible for your thoughts.

You gave the address to your friend so she could come visit you? Airbnb guests aren't allowed to invite other people over. I presume you were planning on having a little entourage of friends and relatives, not to mention midwife, be with you for a home birth? And presumed that this would just be okay? 

A murder case is simply not the same with a fight. 

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

This story is click-bait and not true. If you look on her profile there are no reviews for this property or any recently. Who would stay in this place have a "bad experience" like this and not leave a review? Not share the listing?

Even if this was true and did happen the house was burnt down and would have needed to be restored and rebuilt it is a new home now. This does not in any way warrant a complaint.

Jorge

@Angelica-Y-Jorge0  This may indeed just be some made-up thing, but if you reread it, the guest cancelled before her booking dates- never arrived or stayed, so of course there is no review.  

That's exactly what happened. Thank you for understanding.

There's no reason for me to make up things like that since I'm not benefiting for doing that. The only reason that I did this is that I don't want anybody else who would have a problem living in a house with a murder case have to go through what I've been through. At least now they know that they should ask the host the right question before they hit that "book" button. 

I'm a real person. I don't have reviews on airbnb because I only used it twice. First time was in 2016 when I travled with friends to France and I was not the main contact, and the second time is now....and this happened. I canceled my booking before moving in after I found out the news, so I cannot leave a review on either the property or the host. But I feel like I need to let people know this kind of things happen and if that doesn't bother them, good for them; but there are people who take this serious and don't wanna spend their holiday in a house that has two teenage girls murdered, and I just think that they deserve to know.

I did contact airbnb resolutions center. They contacted the host and came back and told me that there's nothing that they can do about it because of the cancellation policy. I questioned them that if the host has the final say about the cancellation policy, why do we even need a resolutions center. They said they'll escalate the case to the lead team and the team will contact me within 48 hours. But nobody contacted me within 48 hours so I called back. It took a while for the lead team to get back to me, and they just told me the same thing, the host has the final say. I tried to reason with them, but they just close the case during our conversation..... I'm very disappointed with airbnb team and I no longer to plan use airbnb when travelling. Now I'm staying in a hotel, at least I can have a peaceful mind. 

Again, I'm not making up stories because I don't get paid doing this. And I'm not going to use airbnb anymore due to the huge disappointment. The only reason I actually post my story here is that someone else out there, if they don't wanna spend their vacation in a house with a murder case, they should know to avoid THIS property, and if not here, at least they know this type things happen, and they should ask the host if there's any murder case happened in the property. 

By no means I wanna hurt anybody. I'm sad that some people think it's a made-up story and even attack me personally. People are different, some people don't care, some people do. And we should all have a voice to tell a true story. And that's why we need a community here so we can share. 

Hi @Minshu0 ,

I am truly apologize to you, as you’re feeling sad.

As you stated, “ some people don't care, some people do” 

Now that you know this, exercise some boldness, deal with negativity and achieve your goals.