A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

Minshu0
Level 4
Chicago, IL

A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

I didn't know this when I booked this ** for my 2-month vaction and paid one-month deposit of $2970 in full. The house looks beautiful and spacious and I was going to welcome my first baby there.... until I texted a friend of mine in Texas the address so she can come over to visit me. And she told me that house had a murder case couple of years ago where a man killed his ex-girlfriend's two teenage girls in that house and it was all over the local news (https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Police-Man-37-admits-killing-two-teens-in-1718851.p...)......

It freaked me out! I don't want my baby to be born in a house with a murder case! Even without a baby, a normal person wouldn't want to spend their long-expected vacation in a house where two girls were killed, not to mention that both of my parents are buddhism and it just creeps them out....

I contacted the host. They admit that there was a murder case did happend in that house and "people live there happily after that" and told me to cancel "if I wish" but refused to issue any refund! I couldn't believe these words came from so-called Super Hosts **. To me, they're liars with cold and greedy hearts. They got 3k for free with a haunted house. That's easy money.

I wanna tell my story here because I know that nobody looking for a vacation house should experience what I just experienced, and I know it's almost impossible to do your due diligence on a vacation house. So all I can do now is to post my story here and hopefully we can hunt the haunted ones house by house. 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

63 Replies 63

@Paul1255 @Alexandra316  All of these 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is the post I was referring to where 

'Quentin' admits that when they overbook guests and that they send them to each other's hostels . 

61603F4D-221E-48AE-91FD-3F2556591C57.png

@Helen3 

Even if that's true it says a lot about their hosting style. Regular overbookings? Fake reviews to friends? C'mon.... 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 @Helen3 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Sarah977 @Anonymous @Ute42 @Dale711 

Hi all,

We do not allow this type of personal targeting on the CC. If you feel there is something off or questionable about a host or CC member, please flag to moderator or report the profile to customer support. 

While I appreciate all hosts on the CC have their profile and listings available with a few clicks, discussing another Host in a defamatory way is not something we will, or have ever, tolerated. 

The amount of content that breaks the Community Center guidelines in this thread forces me to close it. As you are all frequent users of the CC, I don't feel it's necessary to remind you of these but here is the link regardless. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-Updates/Community-Center-Guidelines-Updated/m-p/910805

If you have any questions or concerns over this decision, please drop me a message.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines