A little strange guest, I ask for help with writing a review.

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

A little strange guest, I ask for help with writing a review.

Two days ago I had a guest, who booked my apartment for 2 nights. 
She arrived about 15 hours, all according to the rules, was very pleased with the accommodation, said many compliments. 
It was a little strange that she came by cab, in our region it is VERY expensive and UBER is prohibited. For example, from the city where she was driving to Lloret de Mar, it takes 20 minutes and it's about 50 euros. (To understand, from Barcelona Airport to our city 150 euros, it's one hour away🙄). Just a little strange, given the low cost of the apartment, maybe it does not matter, but just a nuance.

At 1.30 a.m. I received a message from her that because of family problems she had to leave urgently. 
She herself made a "cancellation of the reservation" through the site, and did not ask me about a refund. 

I immediately got out of bed and ran to the apartment to check if everything was ok, because this girl seemed to me a little upset and strange from the beginning. 
In a normal situation, I have an independent departure, the guest closes the door and puts the keys in the mailbox. But here I was very worried that this girl may not close the door at all, for example, or suddenly she destroyed the whole apartment🙈)).
Everything was okay, she asked for 15 minutes to pack up, gave me the keys and waited for her boyfriend on the porch. I offered to wait with her, but she refused and repeated many times that she was okay.
After half an hour I asked her if she was safe and she confirmed that her boyfriend had come for her and everything was fine.

Well, now the question! What should I write about this guest in my review, what nuances will be important for all hosts? 😎
I have no complaints to her, everything in the apartment was perfect, she did not use anything, did not ask for a refund. The only problem was that I had to go at night (I live half an hour from this place), and I have children, I get up early etc. ... However, no problem, these are the nuances of work, but not every host has the opportunity to come at night to check if everything is okay.
What rating will be adequate for this guest and what should I write in the review? I would be very grateful for any opinions.

33 Replies 33

I've had and have friends who are couples who constantly correct each other when one is telling a story, or put the other down and bicker in front of others. I don't think they even realize they are doing it, it's so much an aspect of their relationship, but it's so uncomfortable to be around, even if they aren't really fighting. @Huma0

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Yes, I think that some are so used to doing this that they don't realise that it's maybe inappropriate or uncomfortable for others.

The arguing ex-couple I mentioned above would have heated discussions over financial matters in front of me, forcing me to leave the room...

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Sarah977  @Huma0  I think each of us has such familiar couples). There is such an expression "Spanish shame" or "Finnish shame", I don't know why these countries were chosen, but I know what it is about. When another person does it, but I am ashamed.  🙉

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anna9170 

I never heard of either of those expression before. Interesting... I guess both the Spanish are sometimes stereotyped as hot headed? My limited experience with the Finns is a truly crazy guy I dated many years ago. I won't comment on that, but it also makes sense 🙂

I guess it's like watching "car crash" TV. It makes you cringe, but some people can't help watching it and find it addictive. Personally, I'm not a fan of such TV programmes and like it even less in reality in my own home!