A message from our founders - Jonoe, Nategate and BnBrian

Clive12
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

A message from our founders - Jonoe, Nategate and BnBrian

Thethreemonkeys.jpg

The three monkeys say; We'll get through this together!

8 Replies 8
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clive12 

Oh Clive, that is great art, mate you are a genius!

That background shot was taken from a post here last year and I have wondered a few times how that host actually got on.

I have a supply of cartoons I doctored when I had a bit of time on my hands....but they are not in your league Clive.....well done.

ABB money grab.jpg

Every now and then I will trot one or two out....trying to keep things light hearted.

Cheers......Rob

Clive12
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

Thanks  @Robin4   (stalwart of the forum)

Yes if I couldn’t make myself laugh I think I’d be crying right now.

However I’ve now been blocked from posting images on here now, humour not allowed apparently : (

The future gets more scary by the minute.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clive12 

Mate......that disappoints me, where are we in life if we are not allowed humour. Just now many hosts are finding it very hard to get something positive out of life.

My youngest daughter and her partner just bought a house with a mortgage of $625,000! Both of them have been stood down from their jobs in the past week. They will be okay, our federal government have been really good at helping the nation out! Today parliament passed by far the biggest assistance package in Australia's history  $360b . For a nation of 25 million inhabitants you will appreciate how far that money will go. 

Clive, my feeling is, trying to be lighthearted just now not just relieves ourselves, but others as well. Personally I am looking forward to this break, the money is nice, I don't need it but, that doesn't stop me feeling an empathy for those that do. 

Of course your post was sarcastic......... and funny and if someone further up the line finds that offensive, Clive, that disappoints me!

Cheers......Rob

Clive12
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

Oh @Robin4  I’m so sorry to hear about your youngest and her partner but that’s great that your government is stepping up. I wish our three monkey gov’s would step up in a meaningful way, it’s so very sad to see what’s become of Airbnb over the last couple of years. I used to love it, I still love the original idea, but not this.

Ooh oh, I’ve just noticed I've been unblocked. Perhaps I’ll be able to squeeze another one out!

We can’t have our splendid founders out there dominating the world without their precious logo now can we?Fourthmonkey.jpg

Ahh now that’s better.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clive12 

Clive.....for Christ sake stop pushing the choke! ;-))

I want your humour to survive  but, if you keep on assaulting our senses, I feel the moderators will have no option but to close you down.

Until now I feel they have been pretty good. If you roam through those TOS far enough you will come across a sub item that says in order to use the services of Airbnb you undertake not to defame or publicly criticise the company.

Clive we can speak our minds.....and the CC moderators are great, they almost get inside our heads and understand the way we tick, but there is a definite line we can't cross!

And comparing our top brass to a pile of sh*t is pushing things a bit far.....are you cool with that mate?  ;-((

Cheers......Rob

Clive12
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 I think I referred to "our top brass" as 'splendid founders' the logo is a visual representation of how I feel I've been treated by the company and some of it's vastly unfair policies ie. a personal opinion based on my feelings. Having an opinion about my experience of feeling used is not criticising the company.

I realise my humour may be an acquired taste and I think we've found the boundaries of yours, I meant no offence.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clive12 

Hey, has nothing to do with my boundaries....they are way over the horizon Clive. I just don't want to see you get censored that's all!

As far as I am concerned.....bring it on!!!!

Cheers......Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Clive12  Love it. Well done.