A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

2017-09-06 12.18.11.jpg

Hello fellow hosts,

Halloween is coming soon and it is my favorite. I love buying Halloween toys and turning my house into a horror house. But if you have Airbnb

guests, would you still create a horror house? I just want to know what others would do and think...

98 Replies 98

In the house I have generic autumnal decorations. It will rain here on Halloween so I won't be too elaborate. I've no guests this week so no one to worry about.

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww I hope the rain didn't spoil your decorations @Robin129. London is a lovely shade of yellow, red and orange at the moment. We have had quite a bit of rain this October though, so there are quite a lot of sad leaves at the moment. 

I hope all is well with you. It feels such a long time since we spoke. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I did it was good my guest love it you can look at my review I only did it for two days not the beginning of the month only close to Halloween 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

BOO @Edwin57 have you decorated your home for Halloween this year?
Any pix?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Huaai0  @Robin129 I would find it really offensive to stay in a house with  images of horror, or the white creatures in the photo on the OP. I hate everything to do with those things. But the photo of pumpkin lanterns/tablecloth looks cute.... I'm torn.... orange vegetables make cosy, rustic decorations, nice & autumnal.....  but I don't like the occult associations with Jack o' lanterns.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen350  Same here. I detest that horror stuff, don't see what anyone finds "fun" about it, and I would definitely not want to stay somewhere if I arrived and was greeted with that. Seasonal decorations- pumpkins, autumn leaf bouquets, orange and black balloons, fine. 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

We don't celebrate Halloween here. Our "All saints' day" is not a fixed date. It's always on Sunday- May or June.  2020 will be 31 of May.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have a scary decorating story. A friend was throwing out a fake bronze bust of Franz Liszt last year, and I scooped it up to add to the bend in the footpath. He was a bit of fun at first, but weather has reduced him to deep, dark eye sockets in a pale countenance. The change was so gradual that I didn't notice, but my last guests assure me he's terrifying. 

I'll need to clear my Liszt.

Liszt looking stern but unfrighteningLiszt looking stern but unfrighteningLiszt "de-composing"...Liszt "de-composing"...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is quite amazing @Lawrene0, all you need now is the piano to go with it... I imagine this is the last thing someone would think to see in your tree. Maybe you could get a suite (sorry couldn't resist the pun) of classical composers for next Halloween. 🙂 

Would you mind sharing this on this topic, not sure if you have seen it. 

I hope you are keeping well. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.