A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

2017-09-06 12.18.11.jpg

Hello fellow hosts,

Halloween is coming soon and it is my favorite. I love buying Halloween toys and turning my house into a horror house. But if you have Airbnb

guests, would you still create a horror house? I just want to know what others would do and think...

98 Replies 98
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Huaai0,  Oh my!  This could be such fun, but I would absolutely ask the guests first!  You don't want to get a 'GHOULISH' review! 😉  MWUAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Kim
Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Kimberly54

I personally would love to stay at a Horror Airbnb but am really not sure about guests from different cultures/religous backgrounds. I don't want guests to give me a bad review because of the horrofic decorations in/around my house.

The other day at a Halloween store I found a lifesize Regan (from the 1972 horror movie The Excorcist) and I almost bought it! I was quite hesitant only because I'm doing Airbnb now!

2017-09-01 14.25.28.jpg

lol 😄 who wouldn't fall in love with this doll @Huaai0 

of course we will decorate 🙂 last year DIY decorations from our ABB 

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Ah lovely but this is not scary. 

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

How about these dolls?

2017-09-07 14.13.59.jpg

2017-09-07 14.14.16.jpg

@Huaai0, @Branka-and-Silvia0, SICK, WRONG, and oh-my-goodness this is so funny!  I LOVE IT, but if it were me???  ASK?

Really?

(I truly love this tradition, and I also go all-out!) 

😉  ASK?  (It could be a LOT of fun!)

Kim

@Branka-and-Silvia0  do you still decorate your home for Halloween?

@Helen427 

No, we are too busy to think about it 🙂

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

Personally, no, I would not. I will absolutely put autumn touches in my home, but as my space is a place of relaxation - and that is what I've sold to guests who book three months out - it would be a bait and switch to provide anything else. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow that looks creepy @Huaai0!

I haven't tried this while I was an Airbnb host, but I'd mention this in my listing just so that the guests know what they can expect 🙂

This was our decoration last year. 

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Quincy

Lovely window. Not on the horrible side so it should be okay. I've seen lots of residential houses here decorated like a Hollywood movie set. Those people must be so talented in special effects. But I don't want to welcome Airbnb guests with two many R.I.P. signs in my little yard and on my porch.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

oh @Quincy did you decorate your home this year?

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I won't do a Halloween theme decor but love to decorate for fall.  Lots of pumpkins, fall leaves and so forth.  I have added a pumpkin print table runner to the kitchen table and put pumpkin spice scented hand soaps in each bathroom.  Plates of fresh baked pumpkin bread will be served to house guests.

Linda

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Linda-And-Richard0@Linda-And-Richard0@Quincy@Willow3@Branka-and-Silvia0@Huaai0

This whole topic makes me smile, and Huai should SELL TICKETS  for a tour of his house!  Amazing.

Not sure I'd want to sleep there even after the public had gone, but incredible.

San Diego does Halloween pretty big-time.  I don't believe in refined sugar, so I paint hard-boiled eggs with weird/scary faces, I have a parrot who loves kids, and therefore, I play the PIRATE!  Amazing fun, a lot of work... haha... and if I had a GUEST?  WOW, I would really want to warn them.  @Huaai0, big smile, you are WAY OVER THE TOP!  Sell TICKETS!!!

Love Halloween, and definetely celebrate this spirit.  =-00000   🙂

Kim