A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

A question for all: Would you decorate your Airbnb house for Halloween?

2017-09-06 12.18.11.jpg

Hello fellow hosts,

Halloween is coming soon and it is my favorite. I love buying Halloween toys and turning my house into a horror house. But if you have Airbnb

guests, would you still create a horror house? I just want to know what others would do and think...

98 Replies 98

I did't this year - simply because of my work schedule and traveling.  I will for Christmas.  I did dress up a little to hand out candy this year though.  I invited my guest to join me, but she had homework to complete for the class she is in town for.

I ended up with one pumpkin. I know it's lame but my Scottish visitors left on 29th Ocober. Currently hosting a French girl, who didn't care that much about an English-speaking-world holiday. 😉 

Today  my country celebrates All Saints' Day, which is like Remembrance Day.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi @Marzena4,  I don't know about the rest of the Hispanic-type countries, but the Mexicans really have a go at 'Haloween'... ok, it aint French, but The Day of the Dead is on the 31st (I thought that's where it sort of came from?)  Not quite "All Saints Day," but there's a sort of similar thread, no?  (Dead people... Saints... ok, not exactly, but...) 🙂

Lots of history, lots of cultural interest... not just 'trick-or-treat' 

Mexico is NOT what I would call an 'English-speaking country!'  😉 

Kim

I've small pumpkins on the bedside tables, and on the bath vanity.  

IMG_9102.JPG

fall entry.jpg

And outside the guest entry, I've mums, cabbages, pumpkins and gourds.  Additional pumpkins, cabbages, gourds and mums are on the stairs, in the planter and on the table.  Just a bit of seasonal festiveness.  I also have put a vase of Dahlias (our fall flower on the island) in the room for guests.  Nothing Halloween, and I will keep these items up through Thanksgiving, at which time I will swap to winter holiday decor.  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Boo @Willow3 

Have you any decorations up for Halloween?

OK all,

I don't know why that posted twice... little glitch asking me to correct something and then *POOF*!

I had to pass on the holiday this year.  Just back from hospital and stuck a note up on the door for the kiddies... Next year! "BEWARE!!!"

Big bummer.  I love this holiday, dressing like a pirate with Tuesday The Wonder Parrot playing with the kids... Definitely next year!

Best,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No problem @Kimberly54, it happens to us all sometimes, I have removed the duplicate now. 🙂 Dressing up as a pirate next year sounds fun, I feel we need to hold you to this! hehe

I love your seasonal decorations @Willow3, I do find that vegetables like gourds and pumpkins make really striking decorative additions, especially the ones with the different patterns. It is nice a subtle too, in case your guests aren't so keen on the holiday. 

Have your guests mentioned your decorations at all?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Kimberly54what are your plans to get dressed up in this year?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  did you do anything special for Halloween?

Or were you too busy watching England beat the All Blacks;)?

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I have a few autumn themed things set around in the house. I didn't get my traditional outdoor decorations out because of weather and schedule conflicts. I picked up a couple of the projectors, one with ghosts and one with green witches, and pointed them at the side of the house. I streamed Halloween themed sounds from Amazon Prime through a blue-tooth enabled speaker, while I handed out candy. 

I love celebrating our holidays. I'll have a guest just before Thanksgiving. I've got to get the rest of my autumn things out this weekend.

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It sounds like your decorations were great @Robin129, I don't suppose you took any photos, I'd love to see what it looked like? 🙂

As it has been a few days since you posted this, have you finished putting all your Autumnal things out now?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

No photos, sorry. Still have a few decorations to get to. My well intentioned plans have had a few snags. 🙂 I'll try to get a few pictures once I get things set. I'm not that great at decorations. You'll never see my home featured in a magazine. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw no problem @Robin129, I am sure your decorations are lovely, as you have taken care and time over them. I wouldn't worry that you house isn't a magazine feature house, most aren't–they are a home. I personally think as long as it is welcoming to come back to and you feel relaxed there, that's the important thing. 🙂

--------------------

This is the breakfast table this morning. The room is a little dark. We are still searching for just the right type of lighting. 🙂 

Autumn Breakfast

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Robin129  are you on cue for this years Halloween?

Will you be doing your traditional celebrations?