A time to rejoice

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

A time to rejoice

Wet Koala.png

Soaking rains up the East coast of Australia have brought an end to the bushfire crisis we have been experiencing.

Although a bit patchy much of the east coast has received between 30 to 150mm (1 1/4 to 6 inches) of rain, and more is forecast over the next few days. Not only has this managed to give firefighters the upper hand, in many areas this is the most significant rainfall in 3 years. It's not drought breaking but it gives the entire community optimism that it so badly needed. 

Rain at last 2.png

We here in South Australia are the only state to have missed out, but our state was not in the dire situation the eastern states were. We had a relatively good winter season and have in fact been sending convoys of stock fodder to the east to keep farmers viable over there.

There are a lot of happy people around the country at the moment and we so thank the world for their generosity in supporting this country in any way that you could.

Hopefully we will be able to repay the favour some day.

God bless you all.

Cheers.......Rob

21 Replies 21

When I read that was rainning in Austrália, I celebrate that wonderfull news.

Cheers and courage for you guys.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Robin4 ,

This is absolutely fantastic and has brought tears to my eyes. Thank heavens (literally) for the rain and I'm so glad the road to recovery can begin.

Thanks for sharing this, a great start to the weekend!

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Robin4 Hallelujah! 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen350 

Indeed Helen, we have seen it before but this one was a biggy! 

If this doesn't touch you, nothing will....a little boy running around in rain....something he has never in his life seen before!

https://youtu.be/e3vDoKLuRzs?t=272

Cheers.....Rob

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Robin4 I remember being caught in a heavy downpour in Adelaide in Jan 2001.......

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen350 

If I had known you were coming I would have turned down the cottage bed for you!!!!!

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such good news @Robin4, I hope it's a turning point now and more rain will continue. I've been trying to send some of our UK rain to you for weeks now. 

Thanks for keeping us updated, I think I speak for many of us here, that we have been very concerned for you and all our CC friends down there in Aus. Take care. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Praise God!

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Robin4

Really, i am so glad for this news. Thanks for sharing 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Thanks, @Robin4 , for the post. Good to hear!

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Robin4- here in Georgia, we have been absolutely flooding with too much rain since Christmas.  I kept praying that some of our rain would get to you.  Don't know where your rain came from, but I am sure glad your country got it!!  Very very relieved to hear about it and to know how happy Australians are now.  We've had droughts here too - one very bad one this summer, but we didn't suffer the extent of fires by any means that Australia has suffered. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Great that the rain has come however it's a very risky time also for animals and humans that are injured as risks of infections tends to increase - I mention this from the eyes of a girl who grew up in the country and seen the impact of droughts and then rains on animals.

It'll be a busy time for those involved in animal welfare and who work outdoors whose work never ends.

We city folk sometimes need to venture into the countryside to remind ourselves what country life can be like.

Let's all Nurture Nature wherever we are.

All the best

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Great news @Robin4  :)))

For how long you were fighting a fire?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Not me personally Branka, the fires came within 5 Kms of my town but did not form a threat in any way.

But if you are taking about Australia as a whole, these fires started in Queensland the last week in October 2019 and have been burning continually since. Some have been contained and other new ones have started. For the first time in three months there are currently less than 100 bushfires burning in Australia and more than half of those will be considered extinguished within the next two days thanks to current rainfall patterns!

Branka, there is a silver lining to every cloud.....you lovely people all over the world have donated $1 billion in aid and money, and almost $3 billion has been raised or committed by our governments and donations are rising all the time. Every time Ade and I go supermarket shopping we put another $10-$15 on the shopping bill and contribute those items to large storage bays that are set up for such donations. These bins are huge and they are brimming with items that will help the affected get back on their feet. Not just foodstuffs but clothing and furniture.

The phoenix will rise from the ashes Branka because the community spirit has been galvanised and the sense of help for our fellow Aussies is perhaps stronger than it has ever been before.

Cheers......Rob