ABB Fee deductions

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

ABB Fee deductions

Just noticed a booking which has a deduction of cents, up to now they have all been to the nearest dollar.

Policy change and I missed the notification?

David
9 Replies 9
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@David126 to me it seems like it has been on and off for the past 1-2 weeks. I made a different post asking about this when it happened for the first time and other host confirmed that it happened to her too. However, the next reservation I received, it was back to an even #, even though it should have the cents if airbnb wants to do the same thing as the previous reservation. So, I thought when it happened the first time it was just a glitch. However, this happened again last night. I also noticed a discrepancy between looking at it on the app, on the email, and on the site (with laptop). For example, on the site it says $64x6 total of $381 with service fee of $11.43 and total payout of $369.57. On the email it says $63.50x6 with service fee of $11.43 and it comes to $369.57 as well. However, on the site (in the message thread with the guest), it says $64x6 with fee of $11 and total of $370. Now that I am looking at this, I realized that it should be $64x6 = $384 with 3% fee = $11.52, so it should be either $372.48 or $372.50, or $372, right? hmmm...

@Farah1 @David126 

That was me before. & like Farrah mine has been fluctuating between the two. 

And david there was no notice. It just happened. 

They'll "announce" it as a new feature later after we've all figured it out. 

There are a couple of things that annoy me, Extenuating Circumstances, Security Deposit and suprise changes, all of which they could fix.

Ohh and a pet fee.

David
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I had a quick look and could not see anybody else had mentioned it, perhaps another IT glitch?

Time will tell I guess.

David
Bethany7
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I just received a booking request with cents, also. What is the exact host fee? This one was for $3.15 for a two night stay.

@Bethany7 it should be 3% unless there is change that I am not aware of. So, it depends on how much is the total reservation costs.

Cindy62
Level 3
California, United States

An Airbnb Customer Experience agent informed me their new Precision Pricing policy rolled out in June (2017).

"This new pricing helps us to achieve greater accuracy in how we price, charge, and communicate amounts throughout the product, resulting in less customer confusion and CX contact rate. Guests will be charged in the decimal level accuracy dictated by their currency’s standard and hosts will similarly be paid out in the correct level of precision based of their payout currency. I hope this helps!"

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

I've just had the same thing over here in London, a booking at my place for something pounds and 88 pence GBP. It's probably a good thing if they're rolling it out that way, it must be a more accurate way of dealing with payments.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No separate notification, but I did notice today in my Transactions this note along the top: "Good news! You will start seeing cents in some of your payouts now, and all of your payouts soon."

Hoping this improves the payout math.