ABB now showing listings by "Total Price" instead of "Price per night"!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

ABB now showing listings by "Total Price" instead of "Price per night"!

Is this happening to anyone else?

I periodically search my area to compare listings/prices. When I did it tonight I see that ABB is now showing listings by "Total Price" instead of per night.

Super confusing! At first I thought there was a pricing glitch because I couldn't figure out why all these places were so expensive. I would imagine it's confusing for guests as well. I wonder how long this change will last? 🙂

4 Replies 4
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Suzanne302 I think it makes more sense. There is nothing more annoying than being lured into a listing when it advertises a cheap nightly rate which then doubles when you include the cleaning fee and any fees for additional guests. As a guest, I don't care what the nightly rate is - I care how much my stay is goinng to cost me. Not sure why this would be confusing?

@Gillian19Because it's done on nearly all the online booking platforms, most people are conditioned to look at a nightly rate when searching for hotels/motels/B&Bs. That's why it threw me off. I don't think I've ever been to a site where I searched by total cost.

Love the concept, but it just may take awhile to get used to!

And the way ABB changes things, it may just be temporary. Or the change could have to do with the lawsuit ABB is facing regarding misleading charges.

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Suzanne302 I guess most hotels don't charge extras - the nightly rate is what you pay (plus booking fees if using a third party site). Unlike Airbnb and Homeaway where there can be a number of additional charges.

Loring1
Level 6
Somers, MT

I see both when I searched. First a per night and then a total cost for the stay.

The total is incorrect though, it did not add in the Lodging Tax for Montana.