ABB "guest" review removed (i'm shocked) score 1 for host

Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

ABB "guest" review removed (i'm shocked) score 1 for host

hey fellow hosts,

have you ever had or asked to have a blatantly non-compliant ToS content policy review removed?

i'm actually shocked ABB removed my only negative host review (i'm a choosy casual host) recent one for the guy who called me a scammer because he never checked in because he canceled his rez night of booking because i told him he would have to add his third party booking to the itin (create account upload ID photo contact info get verified etc) and check him in (and since he was the booking guest did not follow ToS before booking, would be the responsible party for issues) or have that individual take over the rez after creating account.  i warned him about strict cancel policy.  he canceled anyways.  i kept the payment.

the review is gone or i'd post it.

but here's the verbiage

Airbnb Support7:24 PM
Hello Pittsburgh, I hope this message finds you well.

I'm Stefany from the reviews team.

We determined that the review written about you by Salim, for the reservation XXXXXXXX is in violation of our review policy – specifically the section on relevancy.

After a thorough examination, we determined that the content didn’t contain enough relevant information to help the Airbnb community make informed booking decisions. For this reason, we have removed it.

This decision is in line with our review policy, which you can visit here:

www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673

You can learn more about how we moderate reviews here:

www.airbnb.com/help/article/546

the only one i'd ever dealt with prior, despite being a 60+ guest stays guest, ONE SINGLE (out of that entire count that was negative) whackjob moneygrab new host in BK stated that i was trying to cheat the system (him) by asking for a discounted stay due to lack of amenities posted (namely AC) that i confirmed in advance--it was 90s that weekend in nyc), cat (no cat was listed, i despise felines) odor, safety (fire escape no bars on windows--esp with non existent AC) and cleanliness.  then in the private review he told me "enjoy!  karma is a b!tch".  ABB ruled against me.

anyone else shocked?

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sammy35 

Yes, I had a retaliatory review removed by CS for inaccuracy, but that was a long time ago now and they don't seem to do that anymore. Luckily you got a helpful rep who felt that this review fell into the category of 'irrelevant', but that's such a wishy, washy category, so I don't know how many hosts would be able to get the same result.

Certainly, if the guest never stayed but is making comments about the listing that they could not possibly know, e.g. RE cleanliness, then it is irrelevant, but that doesn't mean the rep wouldn't leave in other aspects of the review.