AIRBNB Case Managers

Gc1
Level 2
Singapore

AIRBNB Case Managers

Dear Host, 

i find that the AIRBNB Case Managers handles theirs cases very badly.

a.) they tends to side with the Guest

b.) English is not their first lanaguage, their grammers and understanding of the situation is very bad.

c.) they make a final decision without informing you.

d.) they ignore you after a few emails.

e.) they looks like they want to close a case quickly

f.) they are sometimes arrogant, 

g.) their decision making is usually a bad one and puts the host in disadvantage.

I think something must be escalate to the higher management or i will consider other platform to hosting.

hosts, do you agree with me?

22 Replies 22
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

As for point b., @Gc1, I believe that one shouldn't look down on and criticise others if they are not perfect themselves. Ditto. 

The rest is true and if you read more in this forum you will learn how much of that spirit of community today's Airbnb actually represents. It is a globally operating business, focused on revenues. They assume that it is guests who generate it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

i am not looking down on them, but when the case manager cannot read and understand properly, they will not completely understand situation.

Sue-and-Andrew0
Level 4
Johannesburg, South Africa

I've had two interactions with case managers and in both situations I found them well-spoken, pleasant, supportive and (in my opinion) fair... and they found in my favour as a host both times.  The one case was initiated by a guest, and the other initiated by myself.  One instance related to request for full refund - the refund was declined and the guest was prevented from leaving a review, and the other related to a review that was untrue - review was removed.

It certainly seems that other hosts have had difficulty, but I wanted to present the other side - that the case managers are not all bad.  Too often we only hear about poor service and not often enough about good service...

Yes because on two occassional, they rule it in your favour.

I dont have such luck. Example, a guest who cancels the booking on the day of checking in. The Guest reviewed that the place is dirty, is tiny, the staircase is filty.

I protested the review through the case manager. I explained that when the guest did not check in into the place, how can she write such reviews. How will she have seen the place? However, the case manager did not agree with me and stop replying after i further try to reason out with them.

Paul-and-Zoe-Anderson0
Level 2
Sellicks Beach, Australia

If you think Airbnb case managers are bad, try speaking with Booking.com They are VERY bad.

Good luck with hosting!

I think Airbnb have hired many case managers from booking.com 

Deb59
Level 3
Escondido, CA

JUST HAD THE WORST CASE MANAGER EXPERIENCE EVER!!  Broken Asian English ERICA - sided with the renter and said both reviews would be removed (not good).  I demanded to speak with a supervisor immediately (not gonna happen) and she closed my case.  She said I BROKE AIRBNB POLICY (hilarious twist) when I used the phrase "WHAT A FIASCO" in my guest review - she said that was "humiliating" and mentioning that the guest had smoked MARIJUANA IN MY HOUSE (no smoking in house rule clearly broken) was OFFENSIVE & DISCRIMINATING --- OMG!!!  I wanted to throw my phone across the room - seriously????  ME the OWNER and HOST is offensive when guests clearly were and broke rules and left 2 hours after check out and left me a pot smelly house and a beer soaked pillow, put 1 additional guest there without approval, broke a towel rack, and mostly ....the GUESTS WHO BOOKED NEVER EVEN STAYED THERE YET HE WAS ALLOWED TO POST A TERRIBLE REVIEW?????? Then he calls me the scammer?? Then, AIRBNB ALLOWS THIS AND GIVES ME NO RESOLUTION OR PAYMENT I REQUESTED $150 for the above broken rules and items and late check out --- and I GET IGNORED AND CASE CLOSED?????   OMG - I'M STILL SO TICKED OFF I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS JUST HAPPEND - I'M CANCELLING ALL 4 OF MY LISTINGS AND SUING AIRBNB FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER -- ANYONE ELSE WANNA JOIN IN???  RIDICULOUS AND TERRIBLE BUSINESS POLICY

I need to sue. Did you find Attorney. Just had my first run down.

Nog voordat er een nieuwe aanmelding was heb ik fatsoenlijk Airbnb ingelicht dat ik verhuisd ben en dus op een andere locatie woonachtig ben. Op de site van Airbnb kon ik mijn site aanmelding deactiveren, dit heb ik gedaan. Toch blijft Airbnb nieuwe aanmeldingen van nieuwe gasten versturen in mijnmailbox dus iets werkt er bij Airbnb niet goed of ze doen net of dat hun neus bloed. Omdat ze niet reageren op de decactivering, kan Airbnb doorgaan nieuwe gasten aan blijven melden. Terwijl ik allang niet meer op het adres woon waar ik meer dan 40 gasten vriendelijk heb kunnen verwelkomen. De nieuwe gasten die voor de kamer kiezen, welke kamer niet meer actief is staan dan verbaast dat er geen respons meer komt. Dit ligt aan de case manager die zijn werk niet goed doet. Het gevolg kan wel zijn dat zij jou een boete op kunnen leggen omdat je niet reageert op de nieuwe gast. Het gaat Airbnb alleen om zoveel mogelijk  gasten en geld. De gastheer is niet belangrijk. Ze doen net of ze gek zijn alsof ze mijn deactivering niet hebben gezien en gaan gewoon door met hun aanmeldingen. Ik wordt dit speugzat. 

@Jacques314

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which became law in May 2018, codifies EU citizens 'right to erasure', often known as the 'right to be forgotten'. 

GDPR decrees that an EU citizens data rights, in general, override “the economic interest of the search engine, and also the interest of the general public in finding that information upon a search relating to the data subject's name"

The GDPR has expanded and developed this 'right to erasure' to include all data held by any organisation, whether the information is publicly available or not. Under the GDPR any EU citizen has a right to have all personal information deleted by an organisation:

* Where the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected

* Where the citizen withdraws consent and there are no legal or other overriding legitimate interest for continuing to hold the data

* Where the data was illegally processed

GDPR also flips the burden of proof from the 'data subject' i.e. the citizen to the 'data controller' i.e. the organisation – while in the past the data subject would have to prove they had the right for their data to be destroyed, the burden of proof now lies with the organisation which now has to prove that they have a legal basis for retaining control of, or access to, the 'data subjects' data

The GDPR states that data controllers must communicate with data subjects “in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language.” Where an EU citizen wants to exercise one of their rights the 'data controller' has to comply “without undue delay” or at most within a month of the request.

Related GDPR Articles - 

JUST HAD THE WORST CASE MANAGER EXPERIENCE EVER  - manager is Area from China!!  

Tenant rejected to move out , I opened the case and it was transferred to China. Area has no idea about NYC law. Nothing was done. I asked her to stop contact me and I will proceed with legal eviction . She still texting me. 

I keep receiving useless emails.... 

my guest cancelled the booking but not willing to pay any cancellation fee, Airbnb case manager teach him how to cancel by free! and even free him the last night on me! He is guan Y speak mandarine! 

I’m total agree, they are speak mandarine I’m wonder Airbnb hire them to do this and they  could get commission at each case when they charge money from host to guests!