AIRBNB DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HOSTS AND ONLY ABOUT PEOPLE PAYING MONEY IN

AIRBNB DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HOSTS AND ONLY ABOUT PEOPLE PAYING MONEY IN

i am a human being and I understand that COVID put a strain on all of us but too allow guests to cancel on the day of their stay due to covid and get a full refund is absolute garbage. We all know that we aren't gunna travel before the morning of yet somehow the host has to suffer 100 percent, and its almost insulting when you call in and they tell you well we don't get paid either. I'm so sorry that your ceo who is worth 3 billion dollars (literally) may have to suffer a tiny bit. What really sent me over the edge is that these times are very tough for hosts and I finally got a booking for two weeks and the guest checked out and destroyed my unit. They smoked in the unit, had a dog and allowed it to urinate everywhere, broke or threw away most of the dishes and silverware in my home and left what seemed to be all of their belongings all over the house. I had to pay someone to clean for 8 hours to get the smell out of the house, clean up everything they left behind and restock dishes and silverware etc. I requested $500 in the resolution center and the guest agreed to $140 and said 500 was excessive. Now is it just me or did the guest completely just admit that she left the house in disarray if she agreed to pay $140 right away???? After involving airbnb, its been three weeks and I have called probably 10 times in that time frame and nothing still. I just waited on hold for nearly 2 hours and then was hung up on. AIRBNB IS QUITE LITERALLY A JOKE . and I would have to say the end is probably near for them considering how many hosts are pissed off and how many regulation are being put into play. 

7 Replies 7
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Alex6697 

Your plight is indicitive of many other hosts experiences. I hope Airbnb sit up and take note. It's going to be a tough battle to repair their reputation I feel.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Alex6697 , Unfortunately, like it or not, EC will always override policy and now that people know about it, it will probably happen more.   Your place looks very nice, you allow pets?   Maybe you shouldn't, dishes and silverware are cheap to replace, carpets and laminates are not.   Just my opinion, good luck, stay well, JR

Des12
Level 2
Henderson, NV

I am so disappointed at Airbnb...  I had the same thing happen to me.  Airbnb allowed our guests to cancel their Christmas reservation 1 day prior to arrival due to Covid.  Covid has been around for months and this reservation was booked during Covid!!!   Airbnb did not consult me at all.  This guest told me over the phone that they were disappointed that there was no snow!  They were willing to come down with Covid until they found out there was no fresh snow.  Can you believe that?  They got a full refund and I got NOTHING!  Just a house that I can't rent now because tomorrow is Christmas Eve...

I am struggling now with guest who I believe is going to cancel her 10 day new year's stay on arrival day.
What did these guests claim, do you know? They were just afraid to travel?  
Are the experienced guests with lots of trips?  If so perhaps they know their way around the system and were smarter, got a doctors certificate you can't argue with?
I'm sure you do all this because I see you have over 90 reviews but at the first sign of any issue (such as guest mentioning snow conditions) do you jump back and record everything on the platform? 
Once my radar goes up I've found it's usually possible to get the true situation to come through on the platform messages in some way or another.
So sorry this happened to you.
Perhaps you will get a booking anyway since people are operating last minute these days?

Des12
Level 2
Henderson, NV

I also had no support from Airbnb when I asked the guests to pay an extra cleaning fee for leaving the house disgustingly dirty.  I had a guest that left such a mess that I had to pay for a double duty deep cleaning...  When I asked the guest to pay for it and they refused.... Airbnb said to me:  "You already charged a cleaning fee and the guest paid for it"  So I got no support at all and had to pay a lot of money out of pocket to get the place clean again for the next guest.

Stefan2729
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Sadly. I’m seeing some large cracks in the porcelain myself.  I feel the pain of  an emergency situation being  swept under a rug and being thanked for my patience every day for nearly a month.  I so loved this company for so long. By now I may just say “so long.”

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

AirBB has strong name recognition but everyone knows they can trash the place without any repercussions and think who cares ABB insurance will cover it when they don't, and if host complain at all just leave them a bad review.