AIRBNB DOESN'T CARGE the guest, then REFUSES TO PAYOUT your money

Esteban219
Level 1
Tijuana, MX

AIRBNB DOESN'T CARGE the guest, then REFUSES TO PAYOUT your money

Apparently, if a guest extend their reservation Airbnb doesn,t charge them right away. So I hosted that did this 2 month ago. Airbnb didn't notice the missing payment until it was to late.

The guest flee and neither me or Airbnb could contact the guest. As you suppose, I reported this to Airbnb support team. What I didn't expect (Because before that Airbnb helped me with everything) is that Airbnb now REFUSES TO PAY ME, arguing the can't pays to me cause the guest didn't pays to them.

1. In first place, Is not my problem that they didn't charge the guest right away
  2. Second, I use Airbnb cause it supposed your are protected from scams like this. 
  3. Is not my fault that airbnb didn't charge the money, It was Airbnb's fault. so the must assume their responsibility. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-27 at 9.09.37 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-02-27 at 9.09.32 PM.jpeg

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Wow @Esteban219 

That is really bad - I am really disappointed that Airbnb take this approach as the most fundamental of their service is surely to collect the money from the guests.

I suggest you trawl through the terms of service and see if you have a valid claim against Airbnb. If not. then a twitter approach may see a better result from Airbnb (not something I could ever do as I don't have twitter etc!