AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

In my opinion, we are probably a huge community of owners in many countries that would like to be able to swap homes. I for one would like to go to Eastern Europe, spend more time in France, Souther Spain, Scotland, Ireland,  etc... I am willing to bet that 

the owners there would consider sawaping  to spend some time under the sun here in the dominican Republic.

AIRBNB should offer us this service. 

It should enable us to offer our properties on an exchange basis. Like the home exchange website each owner can list the countries, regions, cities where they would like to visit and offer and offer an exchange with other owners. Of course certain rules would need to be applied.

- The swaps valid only  owner to owner (eventually family members that would need to be vetted and join the community).

- AIRBNB would charge a "service fee" for services rendered.  This fee to be charged to ensure that exchanges are guarantied ....

- One just needs to go the Home Exchange website and see how it works  except with AIRBNB.

Let's motivate AIRBNB to offer this service, the choice of hundreds of thousands of homes out there are just waiting to be swapped.

145 Replies 145
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Diana-And-Don0  I LOVE this idea.  Would you be willing to post in Host Voice?  That way other hosts could support the idea and if enough hosts support, the idea would be forwarded to Air BNB team.

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

.Sure, but what is "Host Voice"?

We use to be a member of the Homexchange website but gave it up because it did cost several hundred dollars to maintain the subscription.  We only used it once when we exchanged one our villas here the Dominnican Republic against a townhouse in Manhattan.  I felt the swap was fare because  the town house on 86th just off Central Park was probably valued in the millions of dollars versus one of our nice homes but no where close in value. On the other hand they were 6 and we were only two and they stayed longer in our home than we did in their's  

My point is that when exchanging it will probably not always be apple against apple but it is up to each owner to accept the caveats.

I really don't think that AIRBNB woold have an issue and not accepting to promote an exchange system.  To me it is a win win.  They would be able to charge a service fee.  This service fee, of course, should  cost less than a Homexchange subscription!   If family members can use the exchange system, they would need to join the "Community" which a plus to AIRBNB. 

I for one would probably use the service much more than we did previously because we would feel much more secure knowing that the AIRBNB label of quality would be behind it.

Don

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

I tried to open  Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#new   and it doesn't work

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

So far our idea has not been taken up by AIRBNB.

Let us keep on them to make it happen.

Please bring up the subject and sahre with others

Thanks

Don

By the way and until it happens do come and see us down here in Rep Dom

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Diana-And-Don0

Its something I would join, as @Linda108 says pop it on host voice, link below

Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#new 

Plamena0
Level 1
Burgas, Bulgaria

I love this idea as well! 🙂

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

Go to  Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#new   and tell AIRBNB to make it happen

It’s a great idea 

Would you like to trade with condo @ Padre Island ? 

Tomaz5
Level 3
Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Great idea! I would be down to swap apartments! If airbnb implements this it could be much easier to find people that have the sam interest in doing that.

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

We have been wanting to see Slovenia, it is on our list of places to see.  I am sure that one day you would like to come and enjoy our sunshine in the Domican Republic.

Let's all go to Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#new 

and get AIRBNB play along

Sorry for the late response!
Really? I'm sure you would love it here in Slovenia! Let me know if you will be coming here in the near future! I can give you some tips on what things to see and what to do. I am sure that I will come to the Dominican Republic one day and I am very interested in a SWAP with you. 

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

We travel with airbnb when ever we can. 

If the fee was any higher than that for guests we may as well book in the traditional way. If it was lower then airbnb may not be interested. 

Still anyone want to come to the Lake District for a few days? 

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

Not just yet  but go to Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#new 

and let us influance AIRBNB to play along

If you ever wanted to get to the Bay Area of California I would love to swap for the Lake District!