AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

In my opinion, we are probably a huge community of owners in many countries that would like to be able to swap homes. I for one would like to go to Eastern Europe, spend more time in France, Souther Spain, Scotland, Ireland,  etc... I am willing to bet that 

the owners there would consider sawaping  to spend some time under the sun here in the dominican Republic.

AIRBNB should offer us this service. 

It should enable us to offer our properties on an exchange basis. Like the home exchange website each owner can list the countries, regions, cities where they would like to visit and offer and offer an exchange with other owners. Of course certain rules would need to be applied.

- The swaps valid only  owner to owner (eventually family members that would need to be vetted and join the community).

- AIRBNB would charge a "service fee" for services rendered.  This fee to be charged to ensure that exchanges are guarantied ....

- One just needs to go the Home Exchange website and see how it works  except with AIRBNB.

Let's motivate AIRBNB to offer this service, the choice of hundreds of thousands of homes out there are just waiting to be swapped.

145 Replies 145
Heather365
Level 2
Healdsburg, CA

I would definitely do that. I already do on a different platform - ryhmes with TURBO.  We have 3 homes here, and I am always wanting to travel elsewhere, so hit me up if you want to visit any of our homes. 🙂 

Ian293
Level 2
Livingston, United Kingdom

Loving this idea also! We have a cottage in Scotland, not far away from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Would be interested to join the swapping community. We offer 2 bedroom and it sleeps 5. With woodburning stove and lovely walks and activities around. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/21969557

Currently looking to visit Surrey/London in October (18 -22) if anybody would like to offer the swap. If our calendar is available you can pick your dates 🙂

I have often thought of this idea and how to get ahold of other airbnb host to do an exchange.

If anyone is wanting to visit beautiful White Sands NM please let us know. 

We will be needing a place in Louisville Kentucky for Sept 21-26, 2022

Arai0
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

I'm so up for this too!

We would be willing to swap our Riga apartment

David2454
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

I think the only way it can work, that you swap your job also, so it will be host swaping, not homes. I m also interested in that, find other host in the world who wanted to change the location where they are working as hosts or just have a weekend house and need someone to manage the place. For example I have a 100 sqm flat in Budapest city center, in the same flat I have two seperated apartments, a small studio and a big 2bdr apartment. So I would swap with somebody, who has multiply accommodation in the same area and we will do the hosting for them as a co-host and living in one of their apartment.

Neal6
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Absolutely brilliant!

Everyone that's interested in chatting further about exploring the World, using the gaps leftover in your AirBnb Calendar?

Get in touch. Either

1 - 'Like' my reply

2 - Reply here 🙂

Utilimately we are all loyal Airbnb people and we are allowed to invite people over to swap. It's our homes too

Take the leap!

See you guys soon! Currently we already have eight of us in Europe!

Join us!

Nancy317
Level 2
Horse Shoe, NC

I am so happy to find this thread! My husband and I are AirBnB'ers and I just told him that ABB should offer a house swap among it's members! Looks like I'm not the only one with the idea. We live in the mountains of western North Carolina, US.  We're planning a trip to England in October and will use ABB's while we're there. All my family uses AirBnB, and my son will use it in April when he travels to Tanzania, as will we when we visit.

We would be interested in a short term stay with an exchange either at the same time or another time.

Reading through the thread, now, but VERY interested in seeing how this can work. 

Rob7377
Level 1
Vernon, Canada

absolutely I can’t give up my home in the summer but anyone who wants to come to the Okanagan BC Canada aka Gods Country for some winter skiing (December-April) I could use a trip somewhere warm!!!  Airbnb “Casa Familia Vernon BC”

Don3501
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Wrigleyville, Chicago here. Anyone in Florida or California would like to try this out? 

Would love to go Dominic Republic, we have a cute camper on a lake in Ky. To switch lol

Paige208
Level 3
San Diego, CA

We are always down for a swap! We live in Sunny San Diego! 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/51723857?source_impression_id=p3_1634571560_oK2tgL31oKhn6Usg&guests=1&a...

Paige Alexander

I would  be interested  for my property in the Washington DC area. This is a much-needed service.  Perhaps a simple database of willing owners would help and them one can reach out based on preferences.

Does anyone know how to add Love Home Swap (house swap internationally) to our Airbnb calendar? They use a point system and or swap same timing - I just don't want to book a "free" if we have a guest coming - yet, off season would be nice to let others enjoy and maybe swap the house to others 

Necole7
Level 2
Sanford, FL

I would love to join in on an occasional house swap!  Would anyone like to come to Central Florida for a Disney World trip this summer? My place in in Sanford, Florida is about 40 minutes to all the attractions and beaches. Sanford has become one of Central Florida’s most sought after communities where you can enjoy the zoo, the arts, theater, music, an abundance of restaurants, breweries, special events and some great Florida history on the St. John’s River waterway. The Sanford Riverwalk provides miles of walking and biking trails, a marina, waterfront dining and daily St. John’s Rivership Cruises. Come to Sanford and join the fun.