AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

In my opinion, we are probably a huge community of owners in many countries that would like to be able to swap homes. I for one would like to go to Eastern Europe, spend more time in France, Souther Spain, Scotland, Ireland,  etc... I am willing to bet that 

the owners there would consider sawaping  to spend some time under the sun here in the dominican Republic.

AIRBNB should offer us this service. 

It should enable us to offer our properties on an exchange basis. Like the home exchange website each owner can list the countries, regions, cities where they would like to visit and offer and offer an exchange with other owners. Of course certain rules would need to be applied.

- The swaps valid only  owner to owner (eventually family members that would need to be vetted and join the community).

- AIRBNB would charge a "service fee" for services rendered.  This fee to be charged to ensure that exchanges are guarantied ....

- One just needs to go the Home Exchange website and see how it works  except with AIRBNB.

Let's motivate AIRBNB to offer this service, the choice of hundreds of thousands of homes out there are just waiting to be swapped.

145 Replies 145

James4033
Level 2
Raymond, NH

Is there a service for this?  We would be interested in swapping our beachfront condo in Sosua Dominican Republic. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes there are host swap groups on FB @James4033 

Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing!! We have a beautiful home in NORTHERN MN near Duluth, MN if anyone ever is interested in swapping vacations 😀

Joanna657
Level 1
Hilperton, United Kingdom

I'm swaping my two cottages all the time. I would love to use Airbnb for it. 

If you looking for to swap for the UK you are more than welcome;

airbnb.com/h/bumblebeefrome

Jo

Rebecka16
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Such a great idea! 😍

I'd be up for swapping my homey appartment in the very heart of Oslo. Both for long-weekend get-aways and for summer/winter holidays. 

Planning a trip to Paris 2nd to 5th of May (2 Adult, 1 Child). Let me know 😉

Dream destinations for this summer in July are:

-Northern Norway

-Italy

-camper van through USA (L.A/Utah to Chicago) 

Love Rebecka

Allison197
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

This is a great idea.  I have a small place in San Antonio and it’s a very popular tourist location, especially since we are less than 5 miles from the beautiful Riverwalk and revitalized Pearl Brewery area.   Let me know how I can help promote and move this forward. 

Julie46
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I too think this is a terrific idea! I would absolutely take advantage of this if offered.

Julie

Howard42
Level 5
Hilliard, OH

If anyone wants to come to Ohio, let me know, I would like to travel anywhere I have not been.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

I’m interested in this as well. Feel free to message me when if anyone is interested in Colorado. 

Sonia526
Level 2
Clonmany, Ireland

I too love this idea !! I would for sure avail of this service and of course would be willing to pay a service fee.  

New42
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, My sister asked me to look into a home swap for her and her husband 06-2020 through 09-2020 in switzerland.  They have a beautiful, 3 story home in Boulder, CO with a chef kitchen, theatre room, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, outdoor dining room.  Custom furnished, walking distance to hiking, public transport and all ammenities.  BUT, most of the swapping websites that swap luxury homes charge membership fees, or "points".  They are interested in a direct swap with a comprable home in switzerland...  anyone know of a website that facilitates swaps without fees?  Anyone here know of anyone interested?  Would love if AirBnb started a swapping section.

Neal6
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

If anyone wants to be on the river in chelsea/london then by all means get in touch! 

Open to anywhere in the world to swap 🙂

Hey @Neal6  - Are you interested in coming to Washington DC? I would love to come to London Middle of July. Let me know if you are interested in a house swap