AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

In my opinion, we are probably a huge community of owners in many countries that would like to be able to swap homes. I for one would like to go to Eastern Europe, spend more time in France, Souther Spain, Scotland, Ireland,  etc... I am willing to bet that 

the owners there would consider sawaping  to spend some time under the sun here in the dominican Republic.

AIRBNB should offer us this service. 

It should enable us to offer our properties on an exchange basis. Like the home exchange website each owner can list the countries, regions, cities where they would like to visit and offer and offer an exchange with other owners. Of course certain rules would need to be applied.

- The swaps valid only  owner to owner (eventually family members that would need to be vetted and join the community).

- AIRBNB would charge a "service fee" for services rendered.  This fee to be charged to ensure that exchanges are guarantied ....

- One just needs to go the Home Exchange website and see how it works  except with AIRBNB.

Let's motivate AIRBNB to offer this service, the choice of hundreds of thousands of homes out there are just waiting to be swapped.

145 Replies 145

My parents have a beautiful home in New Orleans, LA. I just thought with the right people & precautions, this could be a major win win for Airbnb folks!! I know for certain my parents would relish the chance to get away to Miramar beach. It would be amazing if they could all trade during the same dates! 

My my parents have a lovely home, are wonderful hosts with great reviews. Obviously, this should be an adequate match for all involved. How might I find about this further? 

I wouldn’t be offended if the folks in Miramar opted out, but I would love to have a chance to show them all info and at least try. 

Brad77
Level 2
Charleston, SC

This request needs to happen! 

P.S. Anyone who's interested in traveling to one of greatest cities in the world, Charleston SC, I would love to do a home swap with a host in Europ! British Airways just announced that they will be providing non-stop service between Charleston and London, so I'm itching to take advantage if it : )

@Brad77  I love British Airways. I can sleep comfortably in my cubical/bed the whole way after a glass or two of the champagne they give before take off lol...

Leon112
Level 1
Park Ridge, IL

Love the idea, please message me if your are interested in staying in Chicago, 5 miles from downtown.  3 bed/3 bath, sleeps 10, single family home.

Julie1362
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Great idea! We have a 4BR home in Charleston, SC and would love to do home exchanges. I’ve considered other platforms but would be awesome to do it through Airbnb. One specific place on my radar is Scotland in summer of 2020. Hope to find something here!

Jerry-and-Cathi0
Level 1
Corvallis, OR

This sounds like a wonderful idea! We are in Corvallis, Oregon and would love to swap for a home in the UK /Europe late fall or winter this year.

Tutku0
Level 2
Izmir, Turkey

Hi everyone!

Are you all from US? I'm a superhost and have a residence here in Izmir/TURKEY. This is the eastern city and has the most openminded people in Turkey. Also we go to Cesme is a town and very famous for vacancy. We want to swap home with European host. It should be long term like 1-2 months or more. Do I have a chance?? 🙂

Hi Tutku! I actually just launched a new network for exactly this purpose (no more wasting your time in forums and FB groups trying to make it happen).

Now you can fill your vacancy with remote professionals and earn credits that you can use anytime, anywhere. Already in 17+ countries around the world 🙂

It's basically Airbnb but designed for swaps. You can check it out at ** and if you want to join please use invite code REMOTEBNB

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Austin385 ,

Thank you so much for posting! But please know that it is not allowed to advertise or solicit services on the Community Center as per the Community Center Guidelines.

Thanks for understanding!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika!

It's a great solution to 142 comments on this idea though. True value, not random spam 😀

Nate-and-Sue0
Level 2
Brooksville, FL

Love this idea!!!!

Love this idea!  We have an air b&b suite in Weeki Wachee, Florida and are open to this exchange.  🙂👍

Janice238
Level 2
Stoneham, MA

This is a great idea.  We would join this.  I’ll see if I can add to host voice and request.  I’m ok if they change a service fee.  Just another way for them to make money and easy for hosts to leverage the Airbnb community.  

Caitriona1
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

Excellent idea 💡 

Zachary74
Level 1
New Hartford, NY

I have a 3 bedroom lake front vacation home up for trade. Near Cooperstown, NY currently I have 3 weeks open this summer open looking to trade for week. I am looking for 2-4 bedroom house near the ocean. You can see my rental by searching  lucky catch cove or click this link: https://abnb.me/e23NoXDsfV