AIRBNB TAKING DOWN CO-HOST MARKETPLACE & CO-HOST PAYOUTS

Luca86
Level 4
HKI, Finland

AIRBNB TAKING DOWN CO-HOST MARKETPLACE & CO-HOST PAYOUTS

I find it really a pity that airbnb will not support anymore the co-host marketplace platform, it was so useful! They are even stopping to give % to co-hosts in August. I hope the co-host option will not be down, this was one of the most useful feature of airbnb!

20 Replies 20
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Luca86 you are not alone. Please give your feedback at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback and tweet @airbnb and @bchesky

What is the reason for that? It seems so random

Michalis11
Level 1
Heraklion, Greece

Very disapoined about that.

I gave my feedback. 

Luca86
Level 4
HKI, Finland

Yes, I gave my feedback, I hope Airbnb is listening!

Me too, sent a message complaining about the payouts ending.  

Will158
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I gave my feedback. At the bottom of the e-mail they stated if you don't want to be a co-host anymore you can always remove yourself. What a joke! I hope they are listening because I refuse to add any more clients until this gets resolved and I won't be promoting the platform to new hosts anymore. 

Did they say what the reason was?

Rob251
Level 3
Seattle, WA

Has anyone come up with a work-around, besides an Excel spreadsheet and a regular invoice?

The added bookkeeping on both sides (plus the potential collection risk) is really going to make this service much more difficult to manage. 

Jeff-and-Melany0
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

It's a nightmare. Why remove a feature that is already coded and working?  Do they really expect Hosts to bother doing the calculation and then pay people through other systems?  If they had the technical ability and time, they likely wouldn't need a CoHost.  Is AirBNb really killing this great feature?

Dear Rob,

although not a perfect solution, the listing owner can add your bank account/paypal as a payout method. Then there is an option called Payout Routing. Here, the listing owner can set 85% to their account and 15% to your payout method (Just an example). Unfortunately there is no workaround for the cleaning fees so those you will have to charge separately 

Hi Rob,

I am using Your Porter App for automated messages & more...

It has been a gamechanger.

They have just completed reporting + invoicing for Co Host Split & cleaning fees.

Definately recommend using it!

Cheers,

Craig

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

airbnb has recently toughened the requirements for being a superhost from 8 five star reviews out of 10 to an average of 4.8* and many current superhosts will now lose their badge. Also a minimum average review rating of 4.7* has been introduced to stay online and some host will not make it.

Now they are discontinueing the cohost payment program. Hosts that are not able to handle their check-ins personally will have problems to find someone to help and may have to stop hosting.

The most recent figure I have seen says, that airbnb now has 4,5 million listings. HomeAway and booking com each have 1,6 million listings, together 3,2 millions. So airbnb has more listings than their 2 biggest competitors combined.

There is no question in my mind, that airbnb wants to reduce the number of listings and I see more actions to achieve this on the horizon.

I do not see why Airbnb do not charge for the use of such things as the "Co-host system and payments " in order that the service is developed, as hosts would like it.

I think it is unreasonable to want more and more out of Airbnb for "nothing" and a small annual charge for such a "system" would then create a budget that could be spent on that part of the company "services" 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Luca86@Ute42@Mike340@Rob251@Michalis11

Thanks for starting this conversation Lu. As you may have seen this has been an active talking point here in the Community Center. I've noticed that many hosts here in the CC, would like more information on why this update is happening and so I wanted to let you know that we have just shared some more background on this, here

I hope you find this useful.

Thanks,
Lizzie

(Jeff & Melany, Lisa and Will, as I've @ mentioned you is another post regarding this, I don't want to bombard you with notifications)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.