AIRBNB cleaners in San Francisco

AIRBNB cleaners in San Francisco

I have a small 1 bedroom guest suite that gets mostly 2 night, 3 night stays. I have a day job so I can't do all the cleaning myself on turnover. 

The cleaning is typically minimal, make up the bed, clean kitchen and bath and vacuum. I can do it in an hour.  So I'm planning on charging a $50 fee on the listing and passing that on to my cleaners. Anything over that and I think my guests will balk. 

I'm having a real hard time finding someone who is willing to come by 10-15 times a month to do the turnoever cleaning, even though it's fast and a guaranteed $600+/a month for the cleaner.

Any tips ?  There are so many airbnb's out there in SF. what is everyone doing to get them cleaned!?

9 Replies 9
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Linda793  don't look for someone to help you, look for more properties.

From three + accomodation, the "cleaning" work and reward will attract a lot more interest.

@Linda793 we have the same issue!

Our very modestly sized place only takes us about 75 minutes to clean. (I time it)

We have been collecting $65 cleaning fee, but haven't found anyone willing to do the turnover for $65.

I understand about the travel time and such, but it seems a shame that it is so hard to find anyone in San Francisco to do small turnovers like this.

All the AirBnB-related services I contacted wanted about $100 to $120.

I don't think they are being unreasonable; that seems to be the going rate.

But I only have $65 to spend on it.

I have a cleaning woman who is looking for work in San Franciso.  Her name is Ruth ****,  Her English isn't great and I speak no Spanish so I text her and she transcribes it on her phone into Spanish.  It seems to work.  Her company is Pronto Professional Cleaning Services, phone ****.  She is licensed.  I can be reached at ****. 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reason – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Melissa-and-Neri0
Level 2
South San Francisco, CA

hi Hosts!

I live in South San Francisco and I'm an Airbnb Host with a cleaning Company that caters to Airbnb's and short term rentals. Please check out CLEANOLOGIE HOMES, I'm confident it's what your looking for!

CLEANOLOGIE HOMES operates as a turn-key service that removes the hassle of cleaning, re-stoking and laundering linens. All cleaners are trustworthy and background checked.  We also automate billing, scheduling and can show up as soon as your guests check out 🙂

Being a Superhost myself, I understand the importance of having someone that you not only trust but can count on to provide a consistent 5-star housekeeping!

BEST of all, booking your next cleaning can be done in less than 60 seconds at our CLEANOLOGIE HOMES website.  Enter Coupon code MAY2018 to receive 40% off your cleaning.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, it's a pleasure to help out my fellow Hosts 🙂

Best wishes,
Melissa

Hi, we are host and hire the professional cleaning company for our listing. Problem nowadays the most expensive is overhead especially gas. The cleaning takes about 30 minutes but commute and others are expensive.  We are paying $100 now for our cleaners but the work honestly is very nice and the quality much better than do it myself.

@Nieva-And-Family0  30 minutes to clean a 2 bedroom unit with a kitchen? There is no way you can clean a place in 30 minutes to Airbnb standards. You will end up with low cleanliness ratings. 

It takes me an hour and a half to clean my private room/private bath guest space. That's non-stop cleaning and I move fast.

sorry if I make you misunderstood.  She usually takes about 1.5 hours to clean and sometime will take a bit longer as the sheets takes long time to wash/dry/fold.

@Nieva-And-Family0  Ah, you said above that the cleaning takes 30 minutes. Guess it was a typo.

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

You have only one listing, therefore reconsider charging higher cleaning fee and pass it on to the cleaner. In San Francisco it's not easy to find parking, and cleaners need to deal with logistics against all of their other cleaning work.