Guest destroyed apartment, Airbnb didn't help

Inna12
Level 3
New York, NY

Guest destroyed apartment, Airbnb didn't help

The guest checked it on Jan 12, the payment was supposed to be released on Jan 13, and I am still waiting to receive it, regardless of my numerous attempts to contact them. Additionally, there are two more payments that were supposed to be released yesterday, that are not coming in either. Does it happen to anyone else here as well? 

This is not to mention, that I recently had a guest who destroyed my apartment ($5000 in damage) and not a single dollar in reimbursement from Airbnb under Host Guarantee. Idk, maybe they are short of money because of loss https://therealdeal.com/2020/02/11/airbnb-once-profitable-lost-322m-in-9-months/ but something has to be done here. 

If anyone is interested in joining me in class action law suit, let me know. For reference, I am in NYC. 

I am also would be interested in hearing about other hosts experience with Airbnb. 

**[Title updated relevant to post] 

55 Replies 55
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

We too were subject to a rash of unpaid cancellations due to the pandemic.

But I saw it as reasonably fair. It wasn't the guest's fault. They couldn't get flights, there were severe risks in travel. It wasn't their fault. We all lose. 

Nonetheless, it isn't as if host guarantee is what's written on the tin. Hardly. Airbnb is already declining damage claims at any opportunity it can find. Even when it's irrefutable and admitted by the offending guest. And if the guest refuses to compensate, there's really no penalty. 

I seriously doubt that any lawsuit, whether it moves forward or not, or successful or failed, would change host support for the better.

Remember, Airbnb is a publicly held company now. Its first responsibility is to its shareholders, not its customers. Keeping customers buying is obviously critical, but consider who the buyers are. Hint: it isn't the hosts. 

Inna12
Level 3
New York, NY

Then, I guess, we simply need a new platform, the keyword here is PLATFORM, and not a wannabe arbitrator. 

Ruben376
Level 2
Stockton, CA

Yes I am interested in joining in a class action.  A guest stayed for 12 nights feb 21 to March 5, 2021, and  I still don’t receive any sort of payout. They give no answer to my questions.

Demi116
Level 2
KCMO, MO

I want to join the fight against this evil company 

Melania54
Level 2
Jesolo, Italy

Hello, Airbnb is denying my right to have compensations for damages caused by a guest, even if I am eligible for it pursuant to the terms and conditions provided and without explaining the reason of the denial. Did anyone have the same issue? Do you know if there is a class action pending for this matter? Thank you! Melania

Kim3389
Level 2
Kihei, HI

My account was hacked 3 weeks ago.  They have blocked my account and are holding my payments.  I have guests in my condo and no money coming in.  They keep saying a special "team" will call me back.  No one calls.  Still waiting.  I am in Maui and am completely booked through March.  I am beside myself!

Anna12021
Level 2
Hong Kong

Hello Inna!

i have similar situation of missing payout.

Buy I currently in Hong Kong, where is I rented out my apartment through Airbnb.

More that 2 months they holding my payout, and there no time frame when they realise it.

Open to any advice.

Thank you!!! 

Farzaneh2
Level 1
California, United States

Hi did you file the class action? I had almost 1000 in damages and they are denying cause I mentioned the word aircover in the request for reimbursement.

Tanya714
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Yes, please let me know about class action lawsuit. I have the same issue.  

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

joining. constantly not paid full in damages 

Did you move forward with this? I am interested. Had the same issue with a terrible guest who destroyed my apartment also. Not a penny in damages and just constant runaround from Airbnb. At one point they asked me for a photograph of the smell, I kid you not. It's shameful how Airbnb treats hosts and we're the ones who own the properties and do all the work.