Accepted booking

Karina-and-Andy0
Level 1
Shanghai, China

Accepted booking

Hi There

I accepted a booking yesterday morning. Still within 12 hours after the booking was made. However, It's still on my dashboard as 'Pending" and when i go to my inbox there is no 'accepted' or 'declined' in front of that guest.

Calender is already blocked for that guest and this booking is show in the 'reservation' board. It's clearly booked!

I think it may be an IT system glitch, i just dont want it to negatively affect my chances to becoming a 'superhost'.

I'm not sure how to contact airbnb IT dept for this kind of problems, does anyone have something similar happened to them before?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

The last time I had this issue is due to guests payment method was still under review, the guest may be new, or just change the credit card info, hope it helps.
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

when I am on my Ipad and click on my reservations icon, it ALWAYS says "pending" in the top left corner. doesn't mean a thing, what counts is what it says in the middle underneath it, like " you have no requests to answer to right now...." .

about a valid reservation : did you get the confirmation statement from Airbnb, with trip details and payment schedule for that guest per email, that is all that really matters.

I think the Airbnb platform has many glitches and kinks, they should invest some $$$$ into making it better and more streamlined. It's annoying at times...

Yesterday I called airbnb about a problem. The explanation was "glitches". I replied that glitches was not a professional response to a concern and it indicated an unwillingness to research the issue. In fact, it sounds like a brush off and is not acceptable.

We deserve the support and tools to do our job.

1. I have acepted the same  booking twice but it now says it has expired and it affects my rating which was 100%.
  2. I now have to ask my guest to re-apply. This is not good and reflects badly on me.
  3. What can I do

@Mike33 Have you accepted a reservation or pre-approved an inquiry twice? Accepting a reservation twice  sounds like an airbnb issue. When you pre-approve a guests inquiry they have 24 hrs to book or the approval expires.  So depends on your issue.  Best  

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Karina-and-Andy0 use this link to contact Airbnb and ask about it. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728 …

Something similar has happened to me. A guest made the booking and in July and until today the conversation is still in the pending messages ! I contacted Airbnb immediately and they replied to me that it is a glitch, so that I didn't have to worry. But in my case, it was labeled as "accepted".

Anyway, ask them because pending requests is an important issue. 

I wish you the best!