Accepting new COVID guidelines

Margo32
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Accepting new COVID guidelines

Where am I supposed to accept these new guidelines hosts need to approve before Nov 20th? I swear I have clicked on every link in the email I received, and scoured every page for instructions on how to agree or a box to check. We already agreed to the cleaning guidelines previously, and now just need to agree to mask/social distancing guidelines. But where? Was it this hard for anyone else?!

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You and I are good, @Margo32 . We have the "enhanced cleaning badge" on our listings. and that's all it takes.

Yes, it was stupidly hard to determine what was required to get the thing, but in the end I managed to agree, half asleep, or maybe completely asleep, to a 4:29 am email. I woke up to "Success! You've agreed to the COVID-19 safety practices" with no memory of agreeing to anything, just of opening it to see what it was. 

It's cool. I read the guidelines. I'm doing all the things.  I had just been reluctant to get the badge because guests, those most inept of inspectors, would be doing the judging. 

If you do a search of your email inbox, do you have a "Success!" one from Airbnb? That will tell you when you agreed (in your sleep or otherwise...) 🙂

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

The enhanced cleaning is not necessary, not science-based and hopefully will be rescinded ASAP.  Masks, minimising physical contact by imposing distancing and ventilation are the only science-based responses that decrease risk. 

But don't take my word for it...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/world/asia/covid-cleaning.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgty...

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Sorry, @Louise0 , I wasn't clear. When I told @Margo32 , "we're good", I didn't mean we are good people, or smart or safe or following anything science based. 

I meant she and I can continue to host. Our places won't be delisted for non-compliance. She doesn't have to worry about finding one more box to click. We're good on that front. 

As soon as there is an opt-out, I will take it. 

Yes, it is hygiene theatre. I'm a theatre major. 

I am so over AirBNB treating hosts with such disdain and hostility.  We saw it with their sweeping COVID cancellation policies.  Enacted without any consideration for us hosts.  Now they are insisting we follow their cleaning protocols, or at least, just say we do.  I have a super successful listing, running about 90% occupancy, but fortunately AirBNB only accounts for about 15% of my bookings.  I refuse to play their "hygiene theatre" (great phrase-coining @Lawrene0 ).  They blocked my calendar, but I'm not sweating it.  I know my direct site will easily absorb their 15%.  Only if and when they lift their hostile blocking, I'll consider reactivating my listing, but for now, it's their loss.