Account Blocked

Angela2128
Level 1
Houston, TX

Account Blocked

I found out yesterday that my account has been block and I cannot get any information about why and or when it will become unblocked.  I contacted support and was informed that they cannot give me any information and they told me six times they "Airbnb has the right to block anyone for any reason and that they do not have to disclose why the account was blocked".  I was not notified that my account was blocked, nor will they give me a timetable as to when it might become unblocked.  I am new to short term rentals, but I achieved superhost in my first quarter and I have never cancelled with almost a 5 star rating.  This is so frustrating.  I was told to wait for an email from some group that review these things, but I was told that it could be a while.  Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? 

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

What a helpless feeling to go through this, @Angela2128 .  Here is the article in the Help Center about listing suspension.  Hopefully the listing will be reactivated soon.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/432/can-airbnb-deactivate-my-account

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Angela2128 it is quite often that hosts are removed and never know why. Search the forum to see past threads. Sorry

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Angela2128 

Angela, sorry that you have suddenly found yourself without public exposure and the ridiculous way you have found out about it. 

Although, as you say,  your property is hidden, your profile is still available to see, and the first thing that struck me from your reviews, you host a lot of groups!

Although Houston does not currently have any restriction on STR's, it could be that a neighbour has lodged a noise or nuisance complaint with either Airbnb or your local council in Houston. In either case your listing would be suspended while it was being investigated. I can understand that a group of 6 in a hot tub and around a fire pit could generate enough noise to be offensive if it happened regularly. Your guests love it but, your neighbours may not!

Since a shooting at an Airbnb property in San Francisco last October Airbnb have publicly stated they are sensitive about what they term 'party houses' and this could have something to do with it, although another host here has posted that Airbnb have recently requested that she accept a relocated party booking.

It always used to be that Airbnb would warn their hosts before any punitive action was taken against them, sadly that appears to have changed!  Airbnb do now state in their terms of service they they can suspend you at any time with or without notice or an explanation, which appears to be incredibly draconian considering the conciliatory and open way they expect their hosts to behave!

I am sorry Angela but any information we could give here would purely be a shot in the dark. I just hope that someone in authority will give the courtesy of an explanation and get you back hosting soon.

It would be great if you could keep the community informed. All the best.

Cheers.....Rob

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Angela2128 ,

I've just shared your case with team and you should expect contact from CS as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience with this and I appreciate @Linda108 @Kelly149 and @Robin4 all supporting you here.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Thank you all for your support and help.  If I need to do something I am more than willing to help.  If I need to update something I  will get it corrected right away.  I just need some guidance and information. Thank you all again and have a great day.