Accuracy Rating

Julia164
Level 1
Bainbridge Island, WA

Accuracy Rating

Hi!

So I made the mistake of not fully reading a somewhat recent review that left a 4-star rating for accuracy, because one of the bedrooms in my home has a crib and not a bed. I am a bit confused as it is clearly stated in the description of the home that the first guest room is a nursery. Because I missed the accuracy part of the feedback, I am unable to respond publically to the hit. Is there any way to challenge or at least note this so that I do not come across as someone who misrepresents their space?

10 Replies 10
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

All your reviews are fine - there is nothing to respond to.  Perhaps you are referring to a private feedback ?  No other than yourself will see that this particular guest left a lower rate for accuracy.

I sometimes get a lower rate for accuracy too and I have no idea why !  I think some have difficulties taking in the facts from photos and description.

I am having this same issue. My home is very unique in that it is a multi-family home. There are esentialy 2 full apartments within my home so I have listed them as "entire floor" but it shows up in the listing as "entire home/apt" I am very clear in the desription that it is an apartment within our family home, and I am getting private feedback that says, "we thought it was going to be an entire apartment" It is... just not seperate from the house. I don't know what to do if people don't read the description and then lower my rating for "accuracy." 

Stephanie6
Level 10
Boulder, CO

Hi @Julia164, It may help to match the bedroom labels to what airbnb shows for the icons.  The icons are "bedroom 1" king, "bedroom 3" twin?, and "common space".  There is no "bedroom 2".  Maybe it is the nursery?  

In the written description, you refer to the "first bedroom" as the nursery and the first icon is the King bedroom 1.  It would be better to call the nursery bedroom 2 or 3.  You can also add captions to the bedroom photos.  In the photos I see the nursery (bedroom 2?), master bedroom (bedroom 1), and a daybed room (bedroom 2).  

I can see where the settings make things confusing. The nursery is described as "First Guest Room" and the Master is listed as such in the descrition but the 'rooms' settings only list Room 1, Room 2, etc. Airbnb does not provide a choice for 'crib' so I had left it blank so as not to put false information. I have edited this section to get rid of the beds icons.

Thank you for your response. Am still a little confused at the guests confusion that there was a nursery since it was mentioned in the description and there is a photo of it. But, I suppose not everyone reads the description or looks at the pictures.

Thanks again!

Chris159
Level 2
Belchertown, MA

I have a terrible time getting anyone to read past the inital overview and picture.  My few issues with guests have usually been because they did not read my detail.

Daire0
Level 1
Engelberg, Switzerland

I have the following in my review

"Accuracy feedback: 
Your guest mentioned some issues that weren’t accurately reflected in your listing description: listing description."

How can I obtain more detail about this statement to make any necessary asjustments?

Regards

Daire

@Daire0

That is a very good question - and unfortunately there is no easy way unless your guest gave you a private feedback.  They have ticked some boxes and the info is only available to airbnb.

If you know which guest you could contact them and ask politely.

@Marit-Anne0

Thank you so much for your quick response. The guests left a super review, so I was surprised to find that accuracy was not quite right. I have asked him politely if there is anything I can change to improve accuracy.

All the best

Daire

Vladimir124
Level 2
Menton, France

i find that :

I systematically and recurrently have the displeasure of noticing that guest repeatedly misunderstand and thus rate inappropriately PRECISION ( ACCURACY in English ), this word in French is what is commonly called a "FAKE FRIEND" it is the exact same word but the meaning is not the same and thus is NOT understood as what it stands for on RBNB, your precision is about how close to reality the property was described, while for many people ( especially in french and latin language in general ) it is about how well you did explain how to get to the place or explained one thing or another so they rate inappropriately. ???

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

So many guests do not read the listings properly. My listings are clearly private rooms in a shared house and my descripton reiterates that I live here. Still, I get some guests who think they are getting the whole place to themselves, or that I will not be living here, which is ridiculous because A. You cannot get a four storey townhouse in London for that price and B. The guests seem aware that I have three cats so who do they think is looking after them if I don't live here?!

@Julia164I don't think there is anything you can do if you have missed the window in which to respond to the review, but if it's only mentioned in the private feedback, you don't want to be bringing it up in the public reviews anyway.

In future, make sure everything is crystal clear on your listing. I also ask guests to confirm that they have read the full listing before accepting their booking, or as soon as they have booked if they instant book. Of course, some are going to lie and say they've read it when they haven't, so sometimes I phrase it so that they understand it's in their best interest to do so, i.e. that they should read the full listing because if there's anything they are not happy with, they have 48 hours to cancel penalty free (that is if you are using the 48 hour grace period in your cancellation policy).

Also, if there is a particular point or points that might prove problematic for some guests, or that people seem to miss on the listing, include those in your initial message to the guest. For example, I ask them to pay particular attention to the points about the cats, smoking and check in/out times. For the rooms at the top of the house, I also add the stairs to this list and, for rooms facing the road, I remind them that there is some traffic noise.

This has sometimes helped to discourage guests who are going to be a bad fit, e.g. those allergic to cats. To be honest, if a guest hasn't realised I have cats, then they really haven't looked at the listing properly and I'd rather not host them. It's better to have no booking than an unhappy guest who is going to ding you in the review even though they were given the info in advance.