Acts of kindness

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Acts of kindness

20160721_SeasonalQ2_Carla_Portland_Elliott_1322.jpg

Hi everyone,

It is striking that when most people hear the term "mental health" they associate it with something negative, an illness like depression instead of something positive like balance or happiness.

As we are halfway through the Mental Health Awareness Week (18th-24th May) in the UK, I was thinking of honouring this year's theme, kindness

Why not shine a light on everyday examples of taking the time to go the extra mile for yourself and others?

I think this will be a great discussion for our community as a way of reflecting on daily acts of kindness, whether small or large. By sharing our stories we can inspire each other and become better and stronger.

Thanks,

Nick

51 Replies 51

@Helen350 

Flippin' Eck... There'll be nobody here soon!

There were bets on how long he'd last. Very pleased to say I saved £100.

Where did you find out, is there a newsfeed for this type of thing?

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Well, I think banning him was the right thing to do... I'm all for free speech, but politely expressed... His 'contributions' were abusive, unhelpful, not even silly-in-a-warm-witty-&-amusing way.....

I reported him multiple times, & Steph pm-ed me this morning to say he had been banned, having previously been banned from the Italian CC for similar.... 

@Helen350 

HaaHaa! If I'd have known that I would have joined you in reporting. I might have made £100 instead!

@Helen350 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

So it seems I wasn't the only one who found TROLL David's tone uncomfortable and out-of-context comments a bit inappropriate and offensive. 

Glad to hear he's gone.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Melodie and I had an act of kindness done for us yesterday by the best guests we've ever hosted, Jin Mei and her husband Chen and son Ryan .  She has stayed with us a couple times, the last time almost a  year ago, she sent us a big bag of surgical masks from China!   We chat on We Chat often and she was the first to say months ago, "wear a mask whenever you go out" ;long before our own CDC came out and said we should.  She is so sweet and very concerned we wouldn't have the right kind of protection to stay safe from covid.    I know this was not cheap and it may have even put her in possibly uncomfortable position if questioned, she and her family are so nice and so generous, she's like a sister you would choose if you could.    Her son wrote the note for her, we've always spoken thorough our Phone Translator app.  I thought I would share this with everyone just to remind us that we have friends all over the world and we're blessed because of it.  Stay well, JR

IMG_0914.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Melodie-And-John0 Hope you don't mind but after some serious owl impressions, I rotated your image!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How lovely is that! @Melodie-And-John0