Add a Guidebook location that's not showing up in the Google Search

Add a Guidebook location that's not showing up in the Google Search

I want to add a couple of locations to my local guidebook that doesn't auto-complete with Google, so I can't figure out how to add them. Help?  Thanks.  See screenshot below.  Screenshot 2016-07-12 11.29.35.png

6 Replies 6
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

You will need to add the location to Google Maps as that is where AirBnB gets the list of locations from.  To submit the location click on the 3 horizontal lines next to the search box in the top left, click on Add a Missing Business, enter the info in the form that appears and click Submit.

That would work if something is a business; for a monthly event, or a general location or thing, it doesn't work.  Any thoughts?

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

You can also google the location you are looking for outside airbnb and see how it is listed in google maps.  For instance when I tried to add "The Village Cinema" in Meridian Idaho, it found a location in Nevada.  I googled "the village cinema" and google calls it "Village Cinema".  Then when I type "Village Cinema" in the guidebook, the proper place shows up.  

Rp1
Level 7
Winnipeg, Canada

I have a location in Google Maps that won't add to my Guidebook, no matter how many permutations I try for inputting it.  I let AirBnB support know about it, their response was they didn't know why it couldn't be added either, and suggested sending it through as Feedback to AirBnB (I know, I know, why didn't they just do that themselves, right? Don't know.).

It's not like it's a particularly obscure location, and it's easily found on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/qSSnTV2Soqx

Sharna13
Level 1
Columbia, SC

Hi, I have a number of locations that I want to add to my guidebook that show up on Google Maps (labels and all) but do not show up when I search locations to in the guidebook...I'm talking city parks and other well known spots. Am I missing something here? If I search the address, it doesn't show the park or business name, just the street address which isn't very helpful when trying to catch people's interest. I'll have a guidebook with a bunch of random street addresses. Not sure if anyone else has made any headway with this. 

Cyndy24
Level 2
Soldotna, AK

Try this.   It worked for me with same issue. I did this on my phone.  Not sure how it would work on the full site. Open Google maps and find the pin for the missing place.  Click on the pin.  If it brings up the window below the map with a description and photos, you’re in luck.  Copy the title of the location in the lower window (I did this  by doing a long hold until the “Copy/share” options popped up.  Then selected copy) Then, go back to the “search for a place” box and paste.  It should work.  Good luck!!