Add an extra day to a booking

Add an extra day to a booking

Hi, I have a guest who doesn't seem to understand that he needs to contact airbnb to change the dates of his booking.  He wants to stay another night.  I've told him that is OK by me, as we have no one in the house at that time, but he needs to contact airbnb to change his booking.  I've tried to change it but it tells me that the dates are not available.

He just tells me to charge the credit card I have for his current booking.  I've told him that I don't have his credit card, airbnb administration do, but he doesn't seem to get it.

I want to give him the extra night, but I also want to be paid for it.

So what do I do?  Can I, as a host, add an extra night?  Does the guest then get charged an extra night?

I know they will stay the extra night but unless they do the work through airbnb I won't get paid for it.

13 Replies 13
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

You can send the change to his approval...

On the message thread you will see the "Change or Cancel" link on the top of the message thread.

Click on it

Go to "Change Resevation"

There you can change the dates and the new price. Make sure the new total is correct, this new total MUST include all fees you may have (cleaning, extra guests, etc), this is the TOTAL not the difference you want... You can ignore where it says "(Difference: + $xxxx)" If you change the total mannually this "diffecence" box won't change... don't worry.. if the new total is correct you are good to go..

your guest will receive the alteration request and  he needs to approve your chage to be effective.

Luis

If you like my answer plese give a thumbs-up! 🙂

Hi Luis, so the total says, "202" and my guest would like to add one more day. My rate is 48 a night so if I just change that box to 251 I should be good? 

@Clair5 Yes, change the dates or make the necessary adjustments and confirm the request, just make sure if changing the dates you enter them correctly (or you are risking a double booking) and the new total must include all your fees (like cleaning). 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kerry4,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. Great to hear your guest wants to stay another night with you, they must be having a lovely time. 

It is great to see that @Luis-and-Tati0 have provided you with some useful advise here, has this solved your problem? 

Thanks. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi, it seems possible to change the dates but not ADD another day. 

Thats currently the problem for me!

Hi, it seems possible to change the dates but not ADD another day. 

Thats currently the problem for me!

What about if they have been there 3 days the payout and fee's have been paid and want to stay the next day because it is open. I dont want to charge cleaning etc because they are still there and have paid it.

@Brian-And-Jonni0  I have several times just charged for an extra day in cash. As long as the guest has been respectful and clean and you don't have any reason to think they will cease to be so just because that extra day will not be under the purview of airbnb. 

Dee22
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

How should a guest pay it they ask to stay an extra nights afterwards? 

"How should a guest pay..."

They could pay with something in trade, or they could pay in beaver pelts, or they could pay in gold, or they could pay in silver, or they could pay in labor.  How do you want them to pay?

You are going to have to make a decision / commitment to a forum of currency that you both can agree upon.  Think you can do it?

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Not helpful and kind of rude

Hi  @Dee22,

Once the alteration is submitted and accepted the payment should get trough the same payment method used for the reservation... If they have problems collecting the payment they will let you know..

Also you can verbally agree for a cash payment (airbn can't guarantee you will actualy be paid...) or you can use the resolution center and ask for the extra money... 

Luis

My guest tried, and since there was a 2 night minimum, he is staying two more nights. This is a beautiful beach front property in Panama.  I felt bad for him, but he wanted to stay longer I guess. He did not complain. But there should be an easier mechanism, not all this guessing whether it will work or not. Right now, it is cumbersome, and not straight forwards. 

Obviously the cash route is possible, but not everyone carries taht kind of dough with them.

https://www.airbnb.com/manage-your-space/29654558/details

Cheers

Aldo