Add another language

Add another language

My listing in English language is still in process. How can I add a second language to my listing ?

8 Replies 8
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Avigdor0

Welcome to the Community Centre Avigdor and I hope the posting of your listing and your hosting goes very well for you.

On the listing page, when it goes public Avigdor, the language displayed will be that of the person who is viewing your page. If the person looking is English your page will display in English! If the person looking is French the page will display in French or....... a box will appear at the head of the listing which says 'Convert language to xxxxxxx' and if the searcher clicks that box your listing will be displayed in their own language.

Now Avigdor, the Airbnb software uses 'Google Translate' which is not one of the better translation programs but, it should still be at least as good as what you will do yourself.

Try and keep the text as simple as possible without using your local cumstomary descriptions. Google Translate does not work well with words that don't have a direct meaning in the sentence.

Say..."The listing is ready at 3.00pm".....Don't say, "The listing will be prepared for you and should be ready for you to arrive any time after 3.00pm"! ....Avigdor....keep it simple.

Cheers......Rob

My question did not touch the translation of the page. There is an option to add pages in different languages. I could not find the way to do it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Avigdor0

Yes if you want to go down this path you can do this by Avigdor following this procedure 

To add a language to your listing description:

1. Go to Your Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Click Manage listing on the listing you want to edit
  3. Click Listing details at the top of the page
  4. Scroll to the Description section and click Edit
  5. Click Add language
  6. Choose a language, then click OK
  7. Click Save

If you get stuck on this let me know and I will try and help further.

Cheers.....Rob

I am trying to add English to my Spanish listing. I click ADD A LANGUAGE and ENGLISH and then it takes me to the field for Español which is already filled in. Do I do it there? Or will that erase my Spanish fields? 

Danh9
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hi,

I'm at step 6, after I click Ok, no thing come out:

After click Ok button

hi @Danh9 

The same happens to me.

I waited and nothing happens ...

could you solve it? how?

thanks

Airbnb Support.jpg

Danh9
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Sorry Charly3

I totally forget about this theard. You need to talk to Airbnb Staffs. They will help you

You still have not understood the problem. The problem is that until you've completed the process for your listing, the option to add a language does not exist.