Added Extras

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Added Extras

We charge guests for certain 'Extras', i.e. bringing a dog and preordering fire-wood. Can airbnb make it possible to charge for extras when paying through airbnb? I have to take the charges separately at the moment which is time consuming and sometimes frustrating. I'm happy to include it in the final sum from which airbnb take their %age!

I would also like to add other 'Extras' such as 'Breakfast Basket', 'Grocery Basket', 'Wine Selection', 'Soft Drinks Selection', 'BBQ Basket', 'Local Goodies', etc.

Hosts could have the opportunity to add a list of Extras they offer e.g. 'Grocery Basket' with contents description and price in a separate section in the listing called 'Extras'. At billing the guest simply ticks 'Grocery Basket', it's automatically added to the total price paid by the guest. The host then receives notification with the booking of what Extras guest has preordered.

It would be great to be able to offer a wide choice of extras to guests, making their experience even better: Arriving to the logs by the fireside, the groceries in the refrigerator and pantry, fresh local produce for the breakfast, the wine on the rack or the champagne on chill!

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

There are an infinite number of extras that creative hosts like you can offer but only the ones included in the Air BNB booking are those included in the listing set up.  For now, you would list all extra services in the listing along with the price and the guest would select what is wanted and you would use the request money option.  After the guest accepts the change, Air BNB will add the requested amount to the payment method.  If the request comes after the guest has checked in, your payout will come separately from the booking payout.

I  am new and am settting up my listing.  I just do not see where to add the things that are included in the listing. For instance,  I have a Hot tub on the property.  HOw do I indicate that is available and an extra charge? 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Airbnb only has preset extras for additional guests and pets (I think). You can list everything else in free form in your listing description and send a money request after they book. I aslo send a list of my extras to the guests about a week prior to arrival if they have not made a choice upon booking.

Claudia1303
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

This would be such a great idea, when will this be rolled out?!!

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Ian20 I think your suggestion is good, I have seen it raised a few times on this CC, it would certainly make my life easier because we provide most of your suggestions and have to charge directly to avoid confussion to AIRBNB guests. The bottom line is you can request extra payments using the AIRBNB system but it normally only causes confusion for our guests so we avoid it at all costs. Flexibility on the website is the answer but I am sorry to say that costs money which our partner doesnt wish to pay!!!!!!!!

Regards Shaun