Anyone charging additional bed linen fees?

Answered!
Indri0
Level 1
Jan Juc, Australia

Anyone charging additional bed linen fees?

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. We don't provide linen at our property which is our holiday house and guests bring their own. We can offer linen through our cleaner for an additional fee which simply covers what we would pay the cleaner to hire the linen.

Does anyone know how we can add this as an option to the Airbnb booking fee?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

How do I charge a linen fee per person? At the moment the only option is per reservation, which is not entirely appropriate. I get bookings for anything from 1 person - 7 people (occasionally more).  A pre-qualified linens fee for 1 person is not appropriate for 7 people and visa versa. There needs to be an option for "Linen fee PER PERSON per reservation = essential. And also PER EACH WEEK (or part week) of each reservation = would be useful. 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Jenny83
Level 1
Mornington, Australia

I would also be interested to know as my guests are requesting beach towels which i need to hire and will pass on the cost

Oliver1
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Hi-  I dont think this option exists.   My suggestion is that you provide the cost in your cleaning fee.  You can simply state this is what is provided in your additional notes and if they wish to bring their own linens  (or beach towels) with them, you will give them a discount.

Mark105
Level 6
Kenwood, CA

Hello Indri

Hosts are able to add extra amenities in their listing that they charge for via the Resolution Center.  We do this for additional items (we have a minibar)  with instruction that alerts travelers in advance that the charges are settled through Airbnb so there are not any suprises.   The process is simple and works well.

M

I disagree that the process is simple to add additional fees. To me it seems overly complicated to use the resolution center and often it upsets guests because they want to see what their total cost is going to be with their original search, and not have to negotiate for other fees. I have had many guests say that they feel it is misleading when they find a great price through the search, and then the reservation ends up being more because of additional fees. I think it would be very simple for Airbnb to create the opportunity to add extra fees, for example a pet fee, without all the back and forth that happens with the resolution center. Just my opinion.

Bill-and-Adele0
Level 1
Thetford, VT

Does anyone know how to add a fee for an additonal bed requirement? Our listing is set up for couples and we provide one kingsize bed. We understand that Airbnb has a way to add a fee for more than two guests and we've added that to our listing. But, if a couple needs an addional bed, how do we charge for that?

"Does anyone know how to add a fee for an additonal bed requirement? Our listing is set up for couples and we provide one kingsize bed. We understand that Airbnb has a way to add a fee for more than two guests and we've added that to our listing. But, if a couple needs an addional bed, how do we charge for that?"

Erm, are you saying that you charge separately for +a guest AND for giving them a bed?  Surely all (well most...) extra guests would automatically want a bed.  

Jay-Jay1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I want to do this too! I have added it into my cleaning fees for now, but my cleaning fees go straight to my cleaner! I personally pay for the linen to be laundered. We need a separate field for this or other extra expenses.
Or we should be able to split the cleaning fee.

Kirsty18
Level 1
Lovedale, Australia

Yes I agree, there should be an option to add additional fees, for items such as sofa beds, cots, high chairs, etc.  I have a sofa bed in my cottage however it is not automatically made up with linen as only about 10% of bookings acutally require this additional bed.

How do I charge a linen fee per person? At the moment the only option is per reservation, which is not entirely appropriate. I get bookings for anything from 1 person - 7 people (occasionally more).  A pre-qualified linens fee for 1 person is not appropriate for 7 people and visa versa. There needs to be an option for "Linen fee PER PERSON per reservation = essential. And also PER EACH WEEK (or part week) of each reservation = would be useful. 

I AGREE 100% on a way of adding linen fee per person! 

Carolyn707
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

I agree with the ability to add extra fees. It is quite usual here for people to supply their own linen at a summer cottage here--but when people come from a distance we could supply the linen--but it would be substantially more work. I'd be willing to add this for guests who require it.