Additional guest fee

Joni-and-Brian0
Level 2
Alberta, Canada

Additional guest fee

Hi there, I’m new to hosting and hoping someone can give me some advice. We have one large bedroom with two beds (a queen and a double) so I had listed it as accommodating four guests. I’ve had some couples and some with kids but now I’m getting four adults - right now I have four grown men. Of course this means lots of showers, extra towels, etc.

I’m thinking I should be charging extra for over two adults but don’t know how to go about it.

Would it affect bookings I already have? Would it be fair to charge for extra adults and if so, how much?

Any advice is appreciated. TIA.

8 Replies 8
Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Just set your pricing for 1 guest and then a dollar figure for each additional person.  My pricing is 95 for 1 guest and 20 for every additional guest., in your situation that would equate to 155.00.  That would be a fair price split 4 ways but also a fair price of 115 for just a couple.

Lynnette,  I agree, it does seem fair and not a lot split between people.

Thanks for your response - appreciate it.

Hakan12
Level 1
Marmaris, Turkey

Hi Joni & Brian

you have reasons for it and you have to decide of course. I am doing the same at the moment, and also I have realized I have to do so after my first guests ast its too many people at home. It won’t affect your approved reservations. 

Go to your listing> booking settings > pricing > there you will see extra paids some where below. Where you can choice “take extra fee after every 2nd or 3rd person” and also the amount you will put like 25 euros for every person 2+

For me it is fair

good luck 🤗

Hi Hakan, thanks for responding. I also feel I have to do this now that I’m getting so many people at once. Thanks for telling me how to do it.

cheers, Joni

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joni-and-Brian0   No, you can't request more for the bookings you already have- the guest booked at the price you had, so you have to stick to it. Just change it now and then all future bookings willbe subject to the new charge.

Thanks Sarah, I wasn’t looking to charge more for bookings I already have, just didn’t know if it would affect them. I’ll go ahead and make the change for future bookings.

thanks for your response.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joni-and-Brian0   You might also want to confirm, through messaging with guests when they book or request to book, that they state exactly how many people are coming and enter the correct number of guests. Let them know that only guests accounted for at the time of booking will be admitted to the property.

Good idea, thanks Sarah.