Additional information for payments?

Skorri0
Level 1
Reykjavik, Iceland

Additional information for payments?

Hello,

I have been getting requests from Airbnb about additional information about my bank details.  They say that payments will be paused until I provide this information.  Does anybody know if this is a scam or not.

Thx for helping,

Skorri

6 Replies 6
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Skorri0, it sounds a bit dodgy to me if you have been sucessfully receiving payments up until now. I would contact Airbnb customer service directly about this.

Shirley124
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Just received same email , thought I’d check it out here also. 

Julie713
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

What I think is dodgy is that it's vague, it doesn't seem urgent, so I didn't deal with it, thinking if it were urgent they'd keep sending messages...meanwhile they held quite a few payouts before I realized what was going on. They do have an explanation on their help site but here's part of what it says. There's not much more info than that. Appreciate if anyone discovers the specifics of it.

In some cases, we’ll ask you to provide additional account details and information. This is something that’s required to keep your payouts coming.

As a licensed payments business, Airbnb is also required to ask for this information in order to comply with global financial services regulations.

Sharon1120
Level 1
Mount Helena, Australia

I’m having this same issue, the links they provided don’t even work and now it says my payments are stopped 

IF ANY HOST HAS HAD THEIR PAYMENTS PAUSED PLEASE READ THIS.

I am having major problems!  I have 2 properties listed with AirBnB-  a Cabin and a double decker bus. 

The Cabin has been on AirBnB for about 4 years and has always been busy and payments from AirBnB were never a problem. In May this year we added a converted double decker bus to our listings. The Bus is situated on the cliffs overlooking 3 peninsula and the Atlantic and , consequently,  became fully booked in no time. Everything was fine until June 6th and then all payments stopped for the Cabin and the Bus. I have repeatedly had the same ' your payments have been paused...add account details'  message. I click on the link which says that  ' all details are correct and you're set to go'. But, I'm not !

Maybe 20 phone calls later and promises of escalation and resolve have led to nothing.

Two weeks ago I received a mail advising me basically not to hassle them as it would take longer to resolve the issue! 

I AM NOW OWED THOUSANDS OF EUROS WITH STILL NO EXPLANATION WHY !!

This week I am contacting a National newspaper in the hope that they will take up the story because I know that this is happening to a lot of Hosts around the world.

I am a so called Super Host with 5 star rating and around 140 reviews,  each and every one giving 5 stars!  I am in the process of building another Cabin and there is now a big question mark as to what platform I will be using to market this ( and the Cabin and Bus) when it is completed early next year.

Up until now I have been recommending AirBnB as a great platform to use to advertise a rental space but now I am obliged to tell them of my problem and the total lack of customer support they might expect.

I am sorry the message is so long but it is over 2 MONTHS since I received any payment and every booking is costing me money, paying to have the space serviced, the laundry done etc

@David8040 The same thing is happening to me! Please tell me if you have had any success resolving this. I have not been paid in over 6 weeks and am owed a lot of money!