#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

Hello and welcome to hosts from #Adelaide

This post is a welcome to all hosts from Adelaide, South Australia, as a way for us to keep in contact on the new forums

It seems we dont have an Adelaide city group yet in these forums, and I have no idea how or even if we can make one. So for the time being, there's this.

Ive borrowed the idea from the #Mendocino group (thank you!). 

For now let's use the hashtag #Adelaide in our posts regarding local issues and see how it goes. We can use the search feature to find each other's posts using the same hashtag and hope to stay in touch that way.

Also, please follow this link to our Adelaide Group in the original Airbnb Group Forums. It will be available to view until February 25, 2016. https://www.airbnb.com.au/groups/3483#

We can post a simple hello on this thread, so we can start a list of hosts from Adelaide. Specific questions and topics can be discussed by starting a new "conversation"/post and threads. Remember to include #Adelaide if it's a topic specific to our area.

55 Replies 55

Just to reply Stu, to capture his audience too, I have also set up a closed group on bacefook. Still only a handful of members who have requested access, but I'm hoping that it takes over as the 'discussion forums' for South Australia. Just look for it - it's called Adelaide AirBNB Hosts under your fbgroups. #Adelaide

Lisa36
Level 5
Australia

Hi Stuart and Anneliese, I have just watched the Airbnb webinar for the Airbnb new communities and they suggest using the # to search for your city, town or if you want to create new discussions.  I know Dave has a FB group but I don't seem to be able to join it.  I would prefer to discuss Airbnb issues using an Airbnb tool so hopefully this community tool takes off.  Thanks for starting it.  I'd like to start one for the Adelaide Hills.  The webinar host said that this was the only way to communicate using the hashtag at the moment unless someone gets a meetup set up.  Lisa

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Stuart-And-Anneliese0,

Welcome from the Melbournites... we're lucky enough to have our own City Board. I think they'll add them as demand grows. 🙂

FYI I added the tags below on your post 'Adelaide, Australia, Hosts'. That's how you tag things in... just under the large dialogue box of any conversation you start.

Anywho.. cheers!

Paul

---

Thanks Paul.  I hope we have our own board as it would be easier for hosts to find us.

Marie603
Level 1
Largs Bay, Australia

Hello! So sorry I missed the meeting in The Wheatsheaf Hotel 39 George Street
Thebarton, South Australia 5031
Australia 

My name is Marie and I need some help. My email addressis seamechange@gmail.com

I would like to attend the next session but it would be great to link up with a mentor I seem to have lots of trouble with using the site

Regards'

Marie 

David-and-Sarah0
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

Will there be anyone from Adelaide going to Airbnb Open in Los Angeles this year? The event will be in November from 17-19 November.

We went to San Francisco in November 2014 and found it a great experience, but didn't find anyone else from Adelaide ... luckily skipped Paris last year, but will be keen to go this year to the US again and would be great to connect with other hosts in Adelaide ... 

I'd like to go but am going to Europe in October so I can't go away again in November.  Pity everywhere except NZ and Indonesia is so far from Australia!

David-and-Sarah0
Level 2

True everywhere else is far, but considering the global draw crowds, it doesn't make sense for the Airbnb Opens to be close to AU 😞

# Adelaide
Hi this is Nina, I was part of the old group and have been trying to find the group. The internet is a mystery to me most of the time.
Please let me know if I have now joined the Adelaide group.
Thank you
Nina
David-and-Sarah0
Level 2

Hi Nina, you have joined the Adelaide group!

Hi Dan and Sarah,
Thank you for that.
Gary was kindly organising get togethers before for Adelaide Hosts to be able to ask wuestions and share info, is there anything like that still happening?
Wishing all a lovely day
Nina
David-and-Sarah0
Level 2

I am not sure if Gary is still organising, best to use this forum to ask questions and likewise for sharing information.

o I host in SA and am interested in an Adelaide group.It's always great to share new ideas and problem solving.#Adelaide

Carole

Jennifer1765
Level 1

Hi Carole. I’m in Belair and would love to be s part of an Adelaide group. Is there any groups you know meeting regularly? 

J